Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I'm new here and just wanted to get a second opinion on a RAV4 I'm about to purchase from a co-worker and had to confirm that it's a great deal.

First of all, some information on the vehicle:
It's a single-owner 2014 RAV4 Limited AWD in Pyrite Mica with ~32,000 miles. The vehicle was originally my co-worker's mother's and she's recently been moved into assisted living and no longer drives. It was purchased from a local dealership brand-new and has been paid off for some time so no lien. I'm told it's considered a spare vehicle and is driven occasionally to keep it running. Also has a full maintenance record, has been taken in for any recalls, and has been garage kept. I'm confident it was never driven harshly or anything so it seems to be in basically perfect condition, minus a few cosmetic scuffs and dings. We also took it for a test drive and it performs like a dream!

Now, down to business:
We were initially offered ~$12,000 as a ball park estimate (I felt this was low, but went along with it). Then later I was told they did their research and came up with a final cost of $13,500. From the research I've done on the make/model of this car and the low miles this still seemed like a crazy good deal and verbally agreed to it. Nothing has been exchanged yet, but this is pretty much a no brainer for us and I think we're gonna pull the trigger on it this week!

Like I said, I just was curious about what ya'll think. Also, if anyone has any advice for anything I need to look out for, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
89 Posts
Go for it! (y)

Unless there's some hidden mechanical problem, this is a great deal and you'll be very happy.

(As always when buying a used car, any offer should be contingent on the results of a thorough inspection by a reliable, independent mechanic.)

Reactions: Snuggles

·
Registered
288 Posts
Our '14 has been a great car. We are coming up on 60k miles and no issues to date. Besides the normal PM, we were pro-active and did replace the battery and tires at the end of 2019 ish. The OEM battery was 5+ years old and still load testing fine so we passed it down to our son. The OEM tires still had some life left in them - but with winter coming up I felt better with new tires for the wife. I think you have the opportunity to get a "good year" auto. Check it over from top to bottom. Let us know how it works out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts