Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

FIX!!! - TSB for the heat pump buzzing noise upon startup T-SB-0042-22

38255 266
APRIL 24/2022 UPDATE -- see post #160 in this thread, there is finally a TSB in the US to address this -- "Air Conditioning Compressor Humming/Buzzing Noise Upon Vehicle Startup" (T-SB-0042-22) - I will post a link to the TSB right here when I get one.

MAY 27/22 UPDATE -- the actual official USA service bulletin PDF is attached below. Thanks to @generaltso for the PDF.

Saw this on the R4P Canada FB group. There is a TSB to reprogram the HVAC to make the "train horn" noise go away.

This is apparently a copy from Finland so the actual TSB # will be different for USA / Canada / etc.
Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

Attachments

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Prime SE
67 Posts
At dealer now, they are performing the TSB based on my report of the noise during cold months. I described it as a fog horn and described unhappy family being woken up by noise in morning....

·
Registered
Silver R4P XSE, Weather Package
1,092 Posts
My shop insisted they had to validate my car has the issue before applying the TSB. So I wait until it gets cold enough to make sure the train can be heard.
I was told by my dealer that Toyota pays them $50.00 to install the update if they can reproduce the noise in my car. My dealer didn't even chage Toyota for the software update on my car that they did do for me. My dealer said it wasn't worth losing the $50.00 and making a customer unhappty. Guess where I'm buying my next car.

·
Registered
2021 Prime SE
67 Posts
I was told by my dealer that Toyota pays them $50.00 to install the update if they can reproduce the noise in my car. My dealer didn't even chage Toyota for the software update on my car that they did do for me. My dealer said it wasn't worth losing the $50.00 and making a customer unhappty. Guess where I'm buying my next car.
It is ridiculous to ask customers to reproduce cold weather noise before winter, more ridiculous to ask customer to drive to dealership, let car cool off to super early morning conditions to reproduce the error.

Dealer that make it right no questions ask deserve repeat business.

·
Registered
Silver R4P XSE, Weather Package
1,092 Posts
It is ridiculous to ask customers to reproduce cold weather noise before winter, more ridiculous to ask customer to drive to dealership, let car cool off to super early morning conditions to reproduce the error.

Dealer that make it right no questions ask deserve repeat business.
+1

261 - 267 of 267 Posts