Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another issue with my trying to play MP3 files from my flash drive.

I recently added some more files to my drive and now some of the files' album covers do not display.

I've checked the covers using both Mp3Tag and Media Tagger and both programs display the covers for all of the MP3 files. The JPGs I used to load the covers to the files range in size from 6 KB to 40 KB. I can't see any correlation between the showing/not showing and either the size of the MP3 file or the size of the JPG.

I called Toyota and was told they couldn't provide any assistance with this; and also that they do not support flash drives greater than 8 GB. !!! Mine is 16 GB and it does play all the files OK. (I think in a previous call to Toyota I was told that 16 GB was the limit.)

One thing I thought of doing, but since it will take some time I'll wait, is to delete all the files from the flash drive and reload them.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to correct this?

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the file name in the folder? I would try cover.jpg or folder.png something like that. Probably would want to sort your files like "d:\artist\album\" as well

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not using separate files for the covers, the cover images are loaded to each MP3 file, via either Media Tagger or Mp3Tag.

I've double checked that each MP3 file has the cover image and I followed up by reformatting my flash drive and then reloading the MP3 files. I haven't done a complete test, but so far so good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had similar problems. Re-sizing the artwork to 480x480 or less helped on some files, but not all. I couldn't figure out why some displayed and others didn't until I looked at the detailed image properties. In my case, it seems the ones that had been edited with the GIMP in Linux wouldn't display. The files that had smaller images that I had simply downloaded seemed to work. So far re-saving the artwork through a different program (gThumb for me) and re-tagging all the files on the USB drive seems to have done the trick. I also noticed that some of the Exif info changed, though I haven't looked into it further. That the Entune system, in 2015, requires this much work to display album art should be an embarrassment to Toyota.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts