Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Limited AWD, with the standard radio, and my USB port won't play any of my 16gb flash drives with any consistency. It will play one of the drives only sporadically. The dealer can't figure it out yet. It has played one of the 3 drives I've tried only 5 times despite numerous attempts. Won't play the other 2 drives at all. The dealer has tried the drives in a new Camry, and they play ok. Also, although I have about 2500 songs on my drives, when it does play the drive, it'll only go to song #255 before recycling to song 1. Any help/comments would be helpful.

·
Registered
335 Posts
RAV4 radio has problem with USB drives. My 2015 RAV4 LE can not play songs on USB drive continuously. So I just replace it with an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The area tech guy came down to my dealership from Kansas City, and he divided the songs on my flash drive into about 15 or 16 folders (2300+songs), and he got it to work. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any of my other flash drives to work after dividing them into folders, but at least I got one to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I copied the flash drive that worked onto another flash drive,and finally got two that now work in the RAV4.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's great!

So do the songs play one after another and resume where they left off when the engine is restarted? Or does it go back to song one on the drive or in that folder? I'm trying to figure out if I should go that route or buy an iPod Nano for the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did you ensure they were formatted as as FAT16 or FAT32? Pages 324 through 340 in the manual give specifics on the requirements for everything to work properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, no idea. All I know is that I now have two flash drives that work fine in the USB port. I'm sure that technical (to me, at least) stuff in the owner's manual is too complicated for me. I got a 20-something kid to copy the flash drive for me.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Did he use a Mac or PC to copy songs? A Mac will create an invisible (hidden) trash can and if the trash can is not empty then it plays havoc with the playback of the songs. I found out the hard way. Love my iMac but sometimes it does create unnecessary problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts