Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to gain access to the flasher relay?
I want to replace the existing one with one for LED indicators.
I thought it would be easier than putting in resistors with each of the LED bulbs as the resistors get hot.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
This photo shows the flasher relay in my 2008. The panel is to the left of the steering wheel, between the dimmer control and the bonnet release. I would assume yours is the same, but reversed for RHD:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
relay

thanks for that but my Rav4 does not have a panel like the one shown to the right of my steering column. I have had the trim off down there but cannot see any relays:serious.

·
16,418 Posts
thanks for that but my Rav4 does not have a panel like the one shown to the right of my steering column. I have had the trim off down there but cannot see any relays:serious.
OK, then look on the opposite side, behind the glove box. Pop off the little damper and you should be able to drop the glove box door all the way down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, I will try that but the "ticking is definitely coming from somewhere behind the fascia/steering wheel area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given up on it and fitted resitors along with LED bulbs. Had to lengthen the wire on the resistors and insulate but works fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LED flasher and relay

This photo shows the flasher relay in my 2008. The panel is to the left of the steering wheel, between the dimmer control and the bonnet release. I would assume yours is the same, but reversed for RHD:
Hi, do the LED's work without resitors (only the relay) ?
I have a RAV4 2008 and planned to replace only the bulbs and relay.

·
16,418 Posts
Hi, do the LED's work without resitors (only the relay) ?
I have a RAV4 2008 and planned to replace only the bulbs and relay.
Yes, with the electronic flasher unit there is no need for resistors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
JUNEBUG - Can you provide a few more details on the digital flasher relay? I've got a 2016 Rav4 and have been searching (without success) for information on the location as well as recommended digital relays that will accomodate LED bulbs .... many thanks! Uncle Al

·
16,418 Posts
JUNEBUG - Can you provide a few more details on the digital flasher relay? I've got a 2016 Rav4 and have been searching (without success) for information on the location as well as recommended digital relays that will accomodate LED bulbs .... many thanks! Uncle Al
Sure, you can get one from Amazon. This one fits the 2006-2012 RAV4:

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-81980-50030-066500-4650-LED-Fix/dp/B008C9YS0Y

Unfortunately, your 2016 doesn't have a flasher relay. It uses the body computer to control the lights.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Really not that bad. I just wanted tap to flash 3x like newer cars do. All the extra stuff is a bonus.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
urogolf
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing