Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving in EV mode the centre console has a curved, vertical bar, to display the real-time and trip average power consumption. The metric system units are kWh/100km. The normal operating band for the average trip is usually in the 15-25kWh/100 kms.

Unfortunately the display only shows values from 0-10 kWh/100km, which is almost always outside of the real time and average values. It seems to me Toyota should have chosen a more suitable range like 0-30kWh/100km. That way the display would show your average consumption and if your real time power is in relation.

I wonder how this information is displayed on European and US models? Any chance this can be fixed with a software update?

Font Circle Technology Electronic device Space

·
Registered
RAV4 PHEV
17 Posts
The European version is the same, it feels like they mixed up the fuel consumption vs power consumption, as the fuel real time consumption has a scale between 0-30. I believe they should be the other way around - fuel between 0 and 10, and kWh between 0 and 30 which would make much more sense.

Could that be fixed with the software update? I'm preety sure yes. Will it be fixed? No for sure.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE in Magnetic Gray
943 Posts
The U.S. model ranges from 0-20 mi/kWh. Most owners get around 3.0 mi/kWh. Ironically enough, I’ve seen complaints that the range is too wide for our normal value, which shows little difference between 2 and 4.

I will eat my shoe if Toyota releases a software update to adjust the graph range. What we have is what we’ll have forever.

·
Registered
RAV4 PHEV
17 Posts
So they didn't get right any of these.

In Europe, the average consumption L/100km is 7L, the range is 0-30 and it's okeyish. The average kWh consumption is 20kWh/100km, the range is 0-10, go figure. In the EV mode you are getting less than 10kWh only if you are going downhill or at a standstill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts