Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found several references to part # 23209-74140 for the Rav4 96-00 injector, but couldn't find any flow rate data. However, I just found a site that cross-referenced that number to part number 23250-74140, which has a flow rate of 250 cc per minute, according to the WitchHunter website list of injector flowrates.

Also, looking through repair manual stuff I downloaded from the Toyota information center, when testing the Rav4 injector I should see a flow rate between 54-69 cc in a 15 second test. Well, 62.5 times 4 gives me 250 cc, so it seems like a fairly safe bet that's the stock flow rate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually working on a turbo project, with MegaSquirt for engine management, and plan to swap in some 350cc injectors. If you kept the boost low and were cautious, you might get away with keeping the 250 cc injectors. I would say 5 psi max on a good day.

There's a handy turbo caculator here: http://www.not2fast.com/turbo/glossary/turbo_calc.shtml. Looks scary complex, but you don't have to change many values to get a result -- enter 86x86 for the bore and stroke and your target manifold boost, etc. Down toward the bottom it gives you the recommended injector size.

My MegaSquirt experiment has hit a roadblock - can't get the car to start. I hope to figure it out in the next few days, with all fingers and toes crossed on that one. Will post a "how to" once I get it running.

My plan is to get it running with all stock components before even attempting the turbo build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.