Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Every vehicle I have owned since my 98 Grand Prix GTP has prompted me to join an appropriate forum to help me get the most out of my ride. This site looks well travelled and seems to have a great many regular contributors to help us all along.

I am picking up a 2008 Rav4 4wd Sport with 140 000kms (about 87000Miles) on Thursday. I am not getting a great deal on it, I am paying exactly what it is worth in my estimation and have no qualms doing so! I have done quite a bit of homework before settling on a Rav4 and besides tech specs and carcomplaints.com this was my primary source of information about the Rav4 and its strengths and weaknesses.

When it came down to it, due to my lifestyle I need something with a 4WD, My ride of the last few years and what is now my trade in for the Rav, has done remarkably well, but it is only a matter of time before I push it too hard!

Then again, it's not like we don't have a history of pushing our vehicles too hard. This is me and a friend with his Sunfire a couple of years ago when trout season opened:
(Fast Forward to the 2:40 mark...)

And then there is this bit of stupidity I pulled off last winter on a private logging road with the Monte Carlo:

So you might be getting the idea that I could be a little on the brainless or don't give a sh** side of things, you would be right. A vehicle is a tool, and any tool can be used as a hammer!

I look forward to suckling off your collective teats of knowledge to patch up my new Rav and keep her taking me to the best fishing spots in Canada!

Craig

1 - 1 of 1 Posts