Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
Right now I dont have anty fog lamps in the lower edge of the front bumper in my rav4 S 2004. I just have black plastics that fill up the holes. I was looking on the net for some light and i have found this:
http://www.blinglights.com/toyota_SUV.html
But I'm not sure if they will fit. Does anyone have any idea of how they would work?? Better or rose or the same as stock??
[/u]

M

·
0 Posts
Is there any fog lights wire harness in place ?

Hello there,

speaking about: I have a 2004 4x4 standard without fog lights. I have always wanted ones and always wandering whether the wire harness might be in place inside the bumper under the black plastic round cap.
Any experience ?

PS. By the time I was installing the auxiliary input converter (audio) I have noticed that two of the button caps under the ashtray have behind connectors. Any idea what are those connectors supposed to do.
Nice would be someone to post the electric drawing. :?:

F

·
0 Posts
I ordered a set. Don't know what to expect, but I'll report back after I get them and see if they fit.

C

·
0 Posts
Cool! Thanks for taking the chance fld... :)

I'll be very interested to hear your results.... I was going to buy them but just figured they'd be missing some pieces.... like brackets, etc.

I would wire mine to switch on when the ignition is on... I wish I had the savvy to figure out how to turn them off with the high beams. Maybe someone can help locally on the wiring... :?

F

·
0 Posts
Well the lights arrived last Friday. I was out of town for a few days and didn't get a chance at looking over the possibilities until now.

The lights are nice, good quality, with wiring harness, fuse, relay and switch. That's the good news.

They are barely 4.5" in diameter, including the flange. The RAV needs something a bit larger to fit proportionately in the hole in the bumper IMO. Since they are "universal-fit", the bracket supplied would need a lot of adaptation to get the whole assembly mounted properly. Even so, you would need to craft a gasket or something to fill the gap around the light to fill the opening to seal it well.

That said, I admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so they may be great for someone else but they aren't what I hoped to find. And I don't mind doing some extensive mods if the end result look and function is something I can live with for a while. It's too bad really, because the lights would look really good if you wanted to take the time to adapt them.

I'm going to send them back unless someone wants them for they cost, minus the freight I paid and I'll include free UPS to a USA address.

C

·
0 Posts
Man.. that's too bad. I kind of figured as much but if you hadn't ordered these and given them a shot, I would've.

I was thinking of looking for some at a salvage yard. At least I'd have the brackets and bulbs.... Might be a longshot. I don't want to adapt brackets too much because then you end up with a cheap-looking setup with vibrating/bouncing lights... not good.

I'm going to have to do some shopping... :)

Many, many thanks for giving these a shot and posting the results. Sorry it didn't work out.

-Carl

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey fld thanx for letting us to know that they didn't work the way they were suppost to.

I guess Im gona have to do some more shopping just like carlman ;)

Once again thanx a lot for taking one for the team

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please keep the board posted on what, if anyone, finds. I'd like to put the fogs on mine as well, but don't really want to pay full dealer pop either.

Thanx

Ken

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hellas are the most bang for your buck; moreso if you get them from ebay.

That's just my 2¢.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts