Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this an old question,but I would like to know which fog light kit is best? On Amazon the kits run from 59 to 210 Dollars,which is best or should I just buy genuine Toyota parts?Looking for the least hacking wires,ease of installation. Also has anyone put on one those chrome Bull bars? There look to be 2 knockouts for one,but the ones I see mount below grill opening.Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have done a few foglight installs on LE models, and usually buy my kits from Ebay. I have had no issues with the low-cost kits that can be found there. Be careful, the older kits use a 55W lamp which can blow fuses and overheat/distort/melt the lamp housing, the newer kits use the (correct) 19 watt lamp. In order to use the factory harness, you do have to buy an additional relay to plug into the empty position in the relay box under the hood, and modify the provided foglight switch to provide a GND when the switch is activated.
You can also do it another way, using the extra relay provided with the kit, and wire it up along with an unmodified switch, there's a thread in this forum on how to wire it all up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts