Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my pre-facelift fog lights finally arrived after three weeks of waiting.

While installing them, I noticed that the fog light housings don't sit flush with the indicator housing on both sides. Tried adjusting the long screw with plastic gear-like bit and that did not seem to make any difference (Other than making it feel a little loose.). Just wondering if the gap is normal on pre-facelift 4.2s with fog lights from the factory.

Also, found a mysterious brown connector that was taped up with the indicator wire/ bulb plug. Does this mean that my car is pre-wired for fog lights (I've got a base model.)?

Will I need a HB4 harness (Such as this one.), or will I just need to buy a HB4 bulb, fix it to the connector and then connect the rest to a fog light switch (Found two unused switch connectors on the driver's side switch panel, one of which I assume is related to the brown connector.)?

Photo 1 [RH Fog Housing]

Photo 2 [LH Fog Housing]

Photo 3 [Screw with Plastic gear-like bit]

Photo 4 [Mystery Connector]

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did the fog light upgrade in my 2004 Rav Today.
Those brown connectors are the factory wires for fog lights.
(It's prewired for fogs as my 2004 base model was too)
The connector is designed to fit a 9006 bulb not an H4/9003 like in the headlights.
I was able to use the factory wiring to hook them up. Just had to add the relay behind the fuse block, and I wired in a switch.
Didn't need to replace the multifunction (turn sig, headlight etc.) switch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think they're supposed to to sit a little more flush. At least the ones I've been working with.
There's a tab on the opposite from the fastening screw (outer side) -- Is it properly seated inside the hole/inside of the panel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, we just got a 2018 LE for my wife and this is my first post in this forum. I tried to search the topic first but no luck and don't know I can start new post instead of posting here since the suv is different year..

I got OEM fog light kit from the dealer to install myself to avoid installation fee. Anyhow, when I put light to new bezel there is a gap between them. Is this normal? I thought it should be little more waterproof, maybe some spacer, gasket or O-ring. Is that missing or gap is normal?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello, we just got a 2018 LE for my wife and this is my first post in this forum. I tried to search the topic first but no luck and don't know I can start new post instead of posting here since the suv is different year..

I got OEM fog light kit from the dealer to install myself to avoid installation fee. Anyhow, when I put light to new bezel there is a gap between them. Is this normal? I thought it should be little more waterproof, maybe some spacer, gasket or O-ring. Is that missing or gap is normal?

Thank you in advance.
Sorry, but you're in the wrong forum, this is for the 2001-2005 Rav4's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts