Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
This diagram is from the 2004 manual, but I expect your 2003 is the same. The fog relay is the 2nd from the left, in the top row.

Edit: The drivers side J/B would be above the drivers left knee.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
thanks but my JB is different. I believe 2001,2002,2003 are the same,from what I can find
I have the wiring diagram for the 2002 fog lights, and it is identical to the 2004 diagram, right down to the wiring colors and the pin #'s on the relay.

The 2002 diagram also says the relay is located in the drivers side J/B.

The problem is that I don't have an image of the 2002 J/B itself.

If your fog lights are working, you can find the proper relay by pulling relays until the fog lights go out.

If the fog lights are not working you can eliminate the other relays by pulling each one until the Horn, Defogger, and Power Outlets stop working.

Perhaps the J/B just looks different because you are lying upside down and the blood is pooling in your head.:laugh

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey dbowlr I know exactly where it is because I installed one myself.

First off it is in a very difficult to see location.

Before you begin get a powerful flashlight. (very dark without a flash light)

Next get under the steering wheel and lay on your back.

Look up towards the door panel side under the steering wheel. You should see a row of blue relays (four of them) the second to the far right (should be 1 empty slot) which is the place to install the fog relay.
Keep looking since there is a jungle of wires but it is there for sure.

I have a 2005 but hopefully it is similar in location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if its there,I cant see it. I can remove the little tray that opens up and see the fuse panel where the fog light fuse is but i cant see any relays.Im a big guy so cant get my head way up in there

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Try pushing your front seat all the way back to get extra room. The only way is to lay on your back to look up towards the door side. If it is impossible for you to do it get a friend to look at it. This is my no means an easy position to be in.

You do not have to put your head all the way up there. You should be able to see it laying down and reaching with your hands while doing so. Also place your head as close to the brake pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts