Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Rav4
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2007 Rav4 with both fog lights out, just bought two bulbs to replace them. I went to change them earlier today. I started on the driver's side first, which I turned the wheel to gain access to the panel; unscrewed and popped out the tab and proceeded to pull back the shield I looked in the lamp didn't have anything that would normally resemble the way you the base of a lamp of a headlight where you turn counterclockwise and pull out the base and press down and remove the bulb. All I saw was the round metal of the fixture with the wires going directly into the smooth metal nothing to twist or anything that you would normally see for a headlight. There was, however, an empty socket, which you would plug a bulb into (like I was expecting that would be attached to the base to twist to lose and replace the bulb) close to it. My question is it possible to change the bulb and how do you unscrew it? Or, is does the entire fixture need to be replaced (original factory fog lights maybe?)? I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me thanks. :serious

·
Registered
33 Posts
Almost sounds like an aftermarket setup. I have a 2008 Sport model with factory fog lights and it was nothing more than twist and pop the bulb out. Pictures would help greatly in this case.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Rav4
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted pictures. I figured they were aftermarket lights. I went back under a bit ago, I tried removing pulling out the rubber gasket figuring there the bulb attached to it. How would you open it to change the bulb? Would you have to unscrew from the mount and how does it open?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts