Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by a local car accessory and installation store in Queens, NYC for the fog lights. I was limited to only two choices of fog lights due to the small size of the fog light cut out on the RAV4 '06.

The concern the installer had was that the heat from the fog lights can damage the paint. He was telling me about bubbles and cracking of the paint around the fog light area. (Something about having the lights installed from the back of the fog light hole vs the front)

Do any you think this is possible and should I stick with OEM parts and have Toyota install them? I just can't justify the amount Toyota charges for their accessories.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
sko580 said:
I went by a local car accessory and installation store in Queens, NYC for the fog lights. I was limited to only two choices of fog lights due to the small size of the fog light cut out on the RAV4 '06.

The concern the installer had was that the heat from the fog lights can damage the paint. He was telling me about bubbles and cracking of the paint around the fog light area. (Something about having the lights installed from the back of the fog light hole vs the front)

Do any you think this is possible and should I stick with OEM parts and have Toyota install them? I just can't justify the amount Toyota charges for their accessories.
I'd say wait for a while. Someone is going to start selling them.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
at least 50% off. If I buy a Rav4, I'll negotiate an extra set for 50% off and just sell it to you at price... but you'll have to wait till end of this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts