Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 2004 Rav4, I ordered a set of factory replacement fog light housings, adjustment brackets, fog light relay, bulbs and switch from Conicelli Auto Parts http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=840&catalogid=0. They had to order the parts themselves, and I got them today, after about 10 days of placing the order. The switch was from a Camry I believe. It fits in the knockouts perfectly. The bulbs have a 90 degree end connector. I'm sure I could have found a cheaper set, but I didn't need to run all over looking for something.

Installation for the housings was straight forward. A long thing taped screwdriver inserted against the outside edge pops off the plastic covers. The wiring harness was taped to itself up and out of the way. After cutting the tape the harness has enough slack to hang outside the hole in the bumper. Everything can be assembled and installed without getting behind the fender liner. The bracket does include a light adjustment screw which may need the fender linder to be bent a little to get a screwdriver in it.

With some reference from Antoine's Rav4 Page (big thanks for this information :D ), I plugged in my new relay and found the correct junction to connect my switch to. I didn't go behind the radio, as it mentions on his site, but just spliced into the wire on the back of the fuse block. Getting to the backside of the fuse block was a chore however :evil:.

They look a ton better than those black covers.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice :!:
Finally the One who find out how to do it.
Do you order it by the phone or directly from website? :idea:
I couldn’t find it on website
And how mach it was cost?
I have to buy it for my wife.
:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used the website. Search in "body parts" and look under front lamps. The prices are listed, and shipping is included in the cost.

I see in Performance Products latest catalog, they have a fog light kit for the Rav4 now. It was a bit more than the route I took, and it doesn't use the factory wires I believe. I had some pictures of my install, but my FTP site went down temporarily so it's not showing the pictures :( .

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if you don't mind me asking how much did it all cost and what exact parts from that page did you order. Thanks? Also does anyone know what bulbs those fogs take.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
colombiano11 said:
so if you don't mind me asking how much did it all cost and what exact parts from that page did you order. Thanks? Also does anyone know what bulbs those fogs take.
The total price to my door was $276.26. That was for
2 fog light housings
2 housing retainers
2 bulbs
1 relay
1 dash mount switch (PN 00550-42966)

The Conicelli website doesn't show part numbers for items on their site or for what I ordered. The only number I had was for the switch. The relay is the same as for the horn, so I just took out the horn relay from under the dash and ordered the same part number. The bulbs are a standard halogen bulb with a 90 degree connector. An example is part number ZX076079A from www.jcwhitney.com . Your manual will also give a part number for fog light bulbs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fog lights

We purchased an aftermarket kit from ebay which included lights, bulbs, wiring, relay(?) and a generic dash mount switch. The lights fit well and my husband has found that there is wiring he can use already on the vehicle and doesn't need to use the wiring that came with the kit. However, if he uses the existing wiring it appears that he will need to purchase a new Toyota relay switch and you mentioned one that is exactly like the horn relay switch. Under the dash, where can I locate the existing wires to connect to the dash mount switch? We do have a service manual that he is currently referring to.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a diagram for the front and back of the wiring block. The top picture in my post is what it looks like after the dash is torn apart. Unless your service manual details what color code the relay wires are, you will need to trace the wires with a continuity tester and find a place to splice it. That's the only reason I had to take the wiring block out. I couldn't get my leads from my tester behind the dash and find the wires at the same time. It also helped to get easier access to the wire bundle which is about an inch thick of wires.

http://home.comcast.net/~apharamond/rav4/id28.htm

·
Registered
31 Posts
I need Foglight help too. I've got aftermarket lights and I'm trying to tap into the headlight wires. I need the wire that's 'hot' when the headlights are turned on.
I've got a 2005 with no factory fogs (therefore, no wiring for them).
Going into the headlight connectors are 3 red wires, one of them has a yellow stripe.
Thanks for any info!
Jim.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are in the same boat, but we found fog light connection wires taped to the wire harness just above where the lights fit in. My husband is looking for the hot wire, too.

·
Registered
875 Posts
wow, you did a great clean job. it looks just like it came from the factory. how cool does it look when the bulbs are on? i can't believe the sport version of the rav4 doesn't come with foglights. that's just so weird. when i think suv sport, i'm thinking rally style stuff and immediately i imagine yellow foggies.

congrats on the mod and thanks so much for sharing. it's people like you that help make this forum so great. contribution definitely helps. speaking of which, if anyone needs anything concerning mods on my car, let me know and i'll get back to you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
BoBcat is there an existing wire harnes for the switch?

Can u post pics on the following.....switch with the harnes....the wire you grounded on the passenger left kick panel....the relay

I guess that is all we need to complete the setup.

....If you have time i hope you can make a detailed instruction with pics on how you installed your foglights.

cheers!
Happy Thanksgiving by the way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts