Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, has anyone tried changing the FOG LIGHTS FUSE(S) for the RAV4? I looked in the owner's manual, but it doesn't seem to correspond to what I see when I open the panel under the steering wheel... I've bought new bulbs and ballasts and put them on, but there is no light; so for sure I know it is the FUSE that is out. If anyone has changed the fuse(s) for the fogs please let me know the location and which fuse needs to be replaced. Thanks! :smile

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The fuse is called FR FOG and it is located under the dashboard near the drivers left knee.

It is in the top row, 2nd from the left in this diagram. It is a 15A fuse and should be blue in color.

I've bought new bulbs and ballasts and put them on, but there is no light; so for sure I know it is the FUSE that is out.
The original lights did not have ballasts. There are also many other reasons your new bulbs may not be working other than a blown fuse.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you replaced ballasts then that makes me think you have HID bulbs in your fog lights. Did you check your polarity? If that's not right then they won't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts