Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to install Fog Lights on my 2019 LE.

Any recommendation on which type of Fog Lights I should get ?

Also, anyone know how to remove the plastic in order to install the Fog Lights ?

Any tips ???

Would like to remove the plastic without breaking them !!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the plastic that I need to remove in order to put Fog Lights !!!

Also, anyone know how to remove the plastic in order to install the Fog Lights ?

Any tips ???

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I want to add fog lights as well. Where did you find the plastic piece that has the fog light cut out? Also by looking behind the bumper you probably just push them out from behind. So easiest way i can think is get under and remove the plastic underbody paneling.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cut-outs are part of the design, the way the Rav4 came !!! Aren't the ones in the USA the same ?

I want to add fog lights as well. Where did you find the plastic piece that has the fog light cut out? Also by looking behind the bumper you probably just push them out from behind. So easiest way i can think is get under and remove the plastic underbody paneling.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dude you just posted pics of the place where the fog lights go but it’s the ones with no circle for the fog lights. The RAV4 that has the fog lights has a different piece there that has the circle. There are two different pieces. One with fog light hole and one without. So what are you planing on doing if you don’t have the piece with the fog light cutout?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dude you just posted pics of the place where the fog lights go but it’s the ones with no circle for the fog lights. The RAV4 that has the fog lights has a different piece there that has the circle. There are two different pieces. One with fog light hole and one without. So what are you planing on doing if you don’t have the piece with the fog light cutout?
I think the OP doesn't know what the OE fog lights look like... I think in his mind, that whole black plastic piece gets replaced by the fog lights?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to remove the black plastic without the hole (the ones I have now) and replace them with the ones with the hole and the Fog Lights. Thus, I would like to know how I can go about removing my plastic without breaking it so I can install the plastic having holes and Fog Lights !

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would like to remove the black plastic without the hole (the ones I have now) and replace them with the ones with the hole and the Fog Lights. Thus, I would like to know how I can go about removing my plastic without breaking it so I can install the plastic having holes and Fog Lights !

That’s what i figured and why i asked initially where you got the pieces with the holes for the fog lights as i wanna do the same but can’t find a part number for the ones with the fog light hole. But you confused me with you reply to that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is anyone looking for the original equipment (factory) fog light assembly? I swapped mine for the OEM LED fogs so I'm looking to sell the factory set of fog lights. You still have to find the fascia/plastic with the fog light cutout.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much ? Send me picture of what you have with price, please. alofano at hotmail dot com

·
Registered
558 Posts
I found the attached information online based upon my VIN number prefix

It would seem that the following is true for the plastic assembly to accept a fog light assembly:

521280R160 - Cover, Front Bumper Hole, Left
521270R160 - Cover, Front Bumper Hole, Right

The image might be helpful as well:
Fog light assembly.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
the only trim level that does not come with fog lights is the LE models.
are the LE models pre-wired for fog lights? what other parts are needed besides the fog light assemblies, Fog light trim pieces,Relay and combination switch or fog light standalone switch/button?

there are also two different fog light designs. I think XLE XSE and limited use one style and the Adventure uses a different style. If you are trying to add fog lights to an LE you would use part numbers for XLE trim RAV4

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is anyone looking for the original equipment (factory) fog light assembly? I swapped mine for the OEM LED fogs so I'm looking to sell the factory set of fog lights. You still have to find the fascia/plastic with the fog light cutout.
Which OEM LED fogs did you replace it with? I have an LE as well would like to install it but not with an OEM Halogen bulbs. I would like to install it with a LED.... Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts

Any tips ???

Do you guys know if 2019 Rav4 LE trim comes with "Pre-wiring"?
I'm looking at some after market fog kits on Ebay but not sure what I need to buy.

I would like to know if LE is pre-wired and to install, if I need to take down the whole bumper to do it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Do you guys know if 2019 Rav4 LE trim comes with "Pre-wiring"?
I'm looking at some after market fog kits on Ebay but not sure what I need to buy.

I would like to know if LE is pre-wired and to install, if I need to take down the whole bumper to do it.
Thanks.
Sorry I don't know the answer to that question since I don't have the LE model. Does your light control arm on the steering wheel have the fog light controls?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts