Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had to replace a fog light? How easy or difficult is it? Should I let the dealer replace it?
One of mine looks like is blown.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I changed mine - swapping out the factory halogen bulb for third party LED bulbs on Amazon for $16.50. It took all of 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anybody had to replace a fog light? How easy or difficult is it? Should I let the dealer replace it?
I just replaced my 1 hr ago. Make sure you have a small flat screwdriver to pull the clip between the socket and the bulb from the top outward before pulling the power cable down.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got these Yellow Fog Lights on amazon for under $20 - Very Bright and Great in Dense Mountain Fog - I drive the Blue Ridge Parkway daily. These were the exact size as what came out.

Took about 5 minutes each to replace one, turn wheel, remove one bottom screw and one plastic plug in the middle of the wheel well, just reach in, unclip and remove the bulb and replace. Make sure you get H16 bulbs, as H11 won't fit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got these Yellow Fog Lights on amazon for under $20 - Very Bright and Great in Dense Mountain Fog - I drive the Blue Ridge Parkway daily. These were the exact size as what came out.

Took about 5 minutes each to replace one, turn wheel, remove one bottom screw and one plastic plug in the middle of the wheel well, just reach in, unclip and remove the bulb and replace. Make sure you get H16 bulbs, as H11 won't fit.
You just replaced the bulb and not the assembly, right?

I'm thinking of doing this to have a more traditional and effective fog light for fog and blizzard conditions.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just the H16 bulbs were changed to Yellow LEDs. The stock glass H16 bulbs are only 19W and not really bright enough to light up the road.

The stock fog light assembly is already on the car. It's super easy to change once you get your hand in there to swap out the bulbs out. One fender screw and 1 plastic popup per wheel well.

This model is a bit brighter, (1400 lumens vs 1200 per bulb) but $25 instead of $20.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. Replaced the fog lights and put LEDs, It took me 10 15 minutes, really easy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Removing and installing fog lights from engine bay is quite easy, you just have to feel around some. Remove the windshield washer filling tube from cross brace and pull from tank. Pry the center of the fitting for the tube up to release it from the brace. Look at the electrical connector that goes to the MAF sensor on the air intake tube. It is the same type as you will find at the fog light. You have to depress the thin tab on the fitting and pull back to disconnect. Now if you insert your arm down behind headlight you will feel the fog light and fitting. The connector must come off bulb before you remove it. Put fitting and cable to side and twist out bulb to replace. Put new bulb in housing and carefully plug connector in. Repeat for other bulb. This worked for my 2019 Adventure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Operate at 10W

1 - 10 of 10 Posts