Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fog light upgrade complete

No adjustment needed and went driving down the darkest road I could find. It was so dark at time had to use the high beams just to see. The nice white light which matches the headlight is a wonderful sight. Yes, the passenger side was a bit tight due to the window wash container but it was manageable.

Here's a before and after close up of the fogs:

View attachment 143388 View attachment 143389
I just did this same install last night, not bad at all. But I also threw on the Lamini-x yellow covers because im stereotypical asian and like my yellow fog lights haha. All my cars have it and I like the look. Cars front end looks much much better now :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I just did this same install last night, not bad at all. But I also threw on the Lamini-x yellow covers because im stereotypical asian and like my yellow fog lights haha. All my cars have it and I like the look. Cars front end looks much much better now :)
Sounds to me that pictures a warranted here. Care to share your "claim" that the "Cars front end looks much much better now"?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My mechanic will be installing mine tomorrow with oem led. Will post pics before and after. Got them from ebay Toyota dealer for $120.00 shipped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Swapped out the halogen fog lights for toyota black LEDs. Had a heckuva time with the plastic fasteners til i realized it's a two-piece operation and you gotta get the center out first. An old salad fork did the trick.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
497 Posts
How are everyone's fog here holding up, do we still prefer the OEM toyota LED, or >$50 amazon LED 3rd parties? My hesitation with the 3rd parties is longevity issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How are everyone's fog here holding up, do we still prefer the OEM toyota LED, or >$50 amazon LED 3rd parties? My hesitation with the 3rd parties is longevity issues.
If you're still afraid of the LEDs that you've been posting so much about just go with the OEM LED foglights from Toyota.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Not really afraid, only fogs and blinkers left on our car, but reading all these past threads has me weighing peoples opinions and observations.

Take this thread, 7 pages of oem vs 3rd party, it has some pretty valid points if you read through it. But in all honesty I’m of the mindset I’d prefer not spending +$100 for a visual mod. Amazon.ca does have limited selection with a lot of grade F fakespot reviews sadly, the good stuff on .com comes with some nice shipping and duties cost, just doing ma research bruh ??

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not really afraid, only fogs and blinkers left on our car, but reading all these past threads has me weighing peoples opinions and observations.

Take this thread, 7 pages of oem vs 3rd party, it has some pretty valid points if you read through it. But in all honesty I’m of the mindset I’d prefer not spending +$100 for a visual mod. Amazon.ca does have limited selection with a lot of grade F fakespot reviews sadly, the good stuff on .com comes with some nice shipping and duties cost, just doing ma research bruh ??
I'll try to post a pic of my LED foglight output when I can for you. I got them for under 100 I believe, but I don't know how much shipping would be to Canada. Honestly, I did put LEDs into my stock halogen foglight housing and it was "OK". I just loved how the output matched my headlights and gave me more ground and ditch visibility.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'll try to post a pic of my LED foglight output when I can for you. I got them for under 100 I believe, but I don't know how much shipping would be to Canada. Honestly, I did put LEDs into my stock halogen foglight housing and it was "OK". I just loved how the output matched my headlights and gave me more ground and ditch visibility.
Much appreciated! Thank you :) You’re rocking the 6000k whites right?

So far I’ve narrowed it down to either a set of Alla Lighting AL-R’s, or JDM Astar in 3000k yellow. Just hate reading how some reviews are saying the light output on the yellow’s is just meh. Watching vids on YouTube the yellows honestly look alright, but not enough night time shots other than what I’ve found on Instagram that are heavily colour saturated etc. is turning me off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Much appreciated! Thank you :) You’re rocking the 6000k whites right?

So far I’ve narrowed it down to either a set of Alla Lighting AL-R’s, or JDM Astar in 3000k yellow. Just hate reading how some reviews are saying the light output on the yellow’s is just meh. Watching vids on YouTube the yellows honestly look alright, but not enough night time shots other than what I’ve found on Instagram that are heavily colour saturated etc. is turning me off.
I believe the stock LED headlights and foglights for the RAV4 is 6000k, then again I have a hybrid I don't know if its any different for the gas version. What you can do is get 6000k LEDs for your foglights and just put a yellow film over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I swapped out the stock halogens with these in under 10 minutes and couldn’t be happier

Alla Lighting H11 LED Fog Light Bulbs DRL 2800lm Xtreme Super Bright H11 LED Bulb 5730 33-SMD 12V LED H11 Bulb for LED H8 H16 H11 Fog Lights DRL - 6000K Xenon White
I went with the same, so far so good as it really lights up the whole area. I also figured 17 bucks verses 100+ For factory fogs was a no brainer.. will try them for a month to really see how much better they are.

I have been in constant disappointment with my RAV4’s headlights (19 adventurer). This helped tremendously but this is one area Toyota literally should be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully aftermarket come out sometime soon or my Toyota turns into another brand with better visibility altogether.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I might pull the trigger on Lightwerkz Type B fogs. They match pretty close to pod lights and are way brighter than the OEM LED ones as well.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
$200 and they don't post lumen measurement? Interesting that they allow you two different lens choices.

121 - 140 of 185 Posts