Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with Auxlight 1,400 lumens each from Amazon. $14 for the pair. They aren’t blindingly bright to oncoming traffic but they are right on the edge. Pic isn’t that great, the color is a good match to the factory LED headlights. I think the perfect brightness would be around 1,000 lumens per bulb. I looked up the factory Osram halogen H16 bulbs and they are only 500 lumens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have them wired to come on with the drl setting in the turn signal switch so you have the drl headlights on and have the led accent strip on at the same time. Now if you turn the switch to the marker lights or headlights position the led accent strip dims. The fog light portion is a separate push button but I have that wired so that it is only able to be activated with the switch in the marker or headlights position. The led accent turns yellow for turn signals and also when you lock or unlock the doors they flash yellow

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have them wired to come on with the drl setting in the turn signal switch so you have the drl headlights on and have the led accent strip on at the same time. Now if you turn the switch to the marker lights or headlights position the led accent strip dims. The fog light portion is a separate push button but I have that wired so that it is only able to be activated with the switch in the marker or headlights position. The led accent turns yellow for turn signals and also when you lock or unlock the doors they flash yellow View attachment 148980 View attachment 148981

·
Registered
136 Posts
So far so good! They look awesome but not the easiest install lol

Which model do you drive, LE, XLE?
Can you post a link which on you bought?
Did it come with an instruction?
I heard that some LED fogs selling at eBay are not bright enough. Do you find this particular fog you bought bright enough?

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
214 Posts
you had to buy the fogs separate right? ive seen those on ebay as well

141 - 160 of 185 Posts