Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
It looks to me that the added LED arc blocks the illumination width of the fog lights. The add LED arc doesn't look bright enough to add any additional lighting for the blocked side illumination. Are they just for the look?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I said
It looks to me that the added LED arc blocks the illumination width of the fog lights. The add LED arc doesn't look bright enough to add any additional lighting for the blocked side illumination. Are they just for the look?
I said the same thing, it does block some of the light but still seems adequate at night. They could have made a light shaped like the housing and would have been better. This uses the stock size and mounting as oem so I guess you could purchase with the lit bezel and use your own fogs for some cost savings

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased the following from Autozone and couldn't be happier with how they look. My dealership installed for me at no charge when I took it in for one of my free car washes, took them 20 minutes total, INCLUDING the car wash.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did they
I purchased the following from Autozone and couldn't be happier with how they look. My dealership installed for me at no charge when I took it in for one of my free car washes, took them 20 minutes total, INCLUDING the car wash.

Did they just pop those in the halogen fog housings? Any pics of output?

·
Registered
2020 XLE Premium cold weather+JBL
4 Posts
Anyone who wants to buy these from Amazon, there's a newer link than the OP, which shows the newer packaging, is sold directly by Sylvania, and doesn't have an inflated price:
amzn.com/B01N028030
(First post, so can't directly post links. Just use the product code.)

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium
54 Posts
Im confused and I feel like it should be pretty obvious but how do you fit the LED bulb inside the LED housing? I see in the halogen housing you twist the bulb and pull it out but there no option for that with the LED housing.

Here's a pic of the back of the housing.
20200418_080350.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay thanks, I thought they were able separate. If they burn out you have to replace the whole housing again, not just the bulb... seems kinda wasteful depending on how long they last 🤔

Anyways, that means I'm ready to install my fog lights today! 😎

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay thanks, I thought they were able separate. If they burn out you have to replace the whole housing again, not just the bulb... seems kinda wasteful depending on how long they last 🤔

Anyways, that means I'm ready to install my fog lights today! 😎
For the plastic clips in the wheel well, pop the center out first. I didn't know and broke a couple.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For the plastic clips in the wheel well, pop the center out first. I didn't know and broke a couple.
Ya struggled with that when attempted to remove the hood cover for the first time while installing new horns 🤣 so simple but it took me embarrassingly long time to figure it out

·
Registered
54 Posts
I started out with a screw driver with tape on the end of it but I decided to buy a trim removal kit when I did the interior lights👍 thanks man the longevity of the lights is the only concern as they are quite pricey

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've confirmed with Lightwerkz that their Type B Toyota fog lights fit our 2019+ RAV4's and are SAE/DOT safe and are BRIGHT as hell. They're a bit pricey, but I might pull the trigger and switch out my LED fogs for them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would like to go with the chrome OEM LED fog lights. But the part number (PT413-42190) on the Bam parts site says the chrome version isn't compatible with the 2019 or 2020 Rav4 Adventure. But the black version is. Would anyone know if this is a mistake on their web site or have the correct part number for the chrome version?

PT413-42190

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good deal! If you need a hand shoot me a pm
Hey,
I could really use help with my fogs. Ive been trying to find your fb post that is being referred to often but i cant find it on fb. Anyway, i finished installing them yesterday on my LE hybrid. They work BUT there is some mistake in my installation. They are somehow wired to be live even without the key in the car.
I used a "add a circuit" fuse right in the 10A fuse slot for power. The switch works but is always lit up and i can always turn on the fogs. Last night i pulled the fuse not to run the battery empty.
What do i need to change?
Thank you!!

161 - 180 of 185 Posts