Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fancy dash options on the radio face for folders and text options. I've tried several CD's and plugged in my MP3 player to the AUX input, but I get no folders to scroll thru, or names on any CD's. It's like the buttons look nice, but serve no purpose. Anybody have any luck w/ these stereo options??

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the JBL and mine only shows CD 1,2,3 ect. and the track number. Mine does not show the title of the song. Is it suppose to? Folders and text does nothing. AND THEN there is another slight issue. When I load all six CD's into the changer, it does not go to the next CD when a CD is finished, it replays the same CD. What's up with that? The only way I can get it to change the CD is to hit the number 3 button. I don't believe this is how it is suppose to work :wall And the manual is useless, tells you nothing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the JBL system and using mp3's it displays track #, artist, song title and, I think, folder name. Pressing the text button changes the display each time it is pressed.

My only question on it is the random play option that shows multiple disc's does not change the disc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been playing MP3's and standard CD's in mine and it appears to only shows the information for the MP3's. Apparently it can't read, or there isn't information on the particular CD I used, for the Stereo to pickup when playing CD's.

All of my MP3's have tags on them and I can see either the artist, album, song, or track# time playing stats when I cycle through with the text button.

I wish that it would scroll the title like most modern players. It will only show you the first x number of characters. They chose a real wide font and it doesn't show that many letters in the titles of the songs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not having a scrolling display is just another of those minor annoyances in the R4. However holding the Text button in will show the rest of the title.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What a coincedence, I just burned a cd w/ mp3's this morning for a trip down to LA. :lol:

While I was adding songs to the CD, I seperated them in folders based on their genre.

For Example:
\Rap
\Pop
\Reggae
\Trance
\BlackEyedPeas

So during play, you can easily jump to a song that's in a specific folder by tapping on the folder up/down button. Once you are in that folder, you can tap the seek-track up/down button to find your song. And by tapping on the text button during play, you can view the ID3 Tag information(Title, Artist, & Albumn) if it's available.

kevvan said:
I wish that it would scroll the title like most modern players. It will only show you the first x number of characters. They chose a real wide font and it doesn't show that many letters in the titles of the songs.
I agree, wished they'd at least give you the option to have it scroll...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kevvan said:
(...)I wish that it would scroll the title like most modern players. It will only show you the first x number of characters. They chose a real wide font and it doesn't show that many letters in the titles of the songs.
Twelve characters by my count. Which is a real hardship when it comes to classical music in my case. But I remind myself not to complain too much - not everyone has a 6-CD changer with MP3 capability and AUX input, after all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not all CD's have text encoding. Most newly released abums in the past couple of years do. So, any "remastered" (for eaxample: Led Zepplin) discs you will won't get a text display.

As for MP3 and WMA discs, if, you don't put in the correct ID3 info, it may not show up either. However, stuff downloaded from Napster, iTunes, etc. will be properly labeled.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah, I finally figured out how to use the folders with the mp3's. I do agree the manual sucks when it comes to info about the JBL system. There should be a seperate manual just for that.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the folders on the MP3s...and, had no trouble being able to burn the CDRs or display the folders and files.

I absolutely LOVE being able to burn my playlists, and having them display so I can pick whichever "mood" I am in at the moment! :)

I should add...I wish we could scroll the text so we can read the albums/songs that are longer than the display.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TomT said:
Yeah, I finally figured out how to use the folders with the mp3's. I do agree the manual sucks when it comes to info about the JBL system. There should be a seperate manual just for that.
Forgive my naive question but how does one tell if they have a JBL system and what's the difference? I bought my RAV off the showroom floor so I didn't get fussy about it's options. I had side airbags, the tow package and running lights - which is exactly what I wanted. The 6 disc CD changer etc. was part of the deal. Does this mean I have the JBL?

PS. My question might seem funny to some as people here really seem to know things to the nth detail. I got in my RAV to drive it home and didn't know it had power seats LOL. Now I'm not an ignoramus, I just wasn't looking for a Limited and ended up buying one because it was the only thing they had that had my options and was a V6.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can easily tell if you have the Premium JBL sound system, there is a red JBL logo on the sound control panel and each speaker has the logo and the largest clue is that you will have a large subwoofer mounted in the back door.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts