Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2006 Limited the lock release levers to fold down the rear seats located by the rear cargo door on each side work awfully hard. In fact I am concerned by putting too much pull on them they could break. No problems folding down the rear seats with the levers on the seat. Anyone else have this problem????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is not as smooth as flyingn either. sometimes i have to pull the lever and give the seat a little push...

but flyingn...i dont have that driver's seat problem that you had. i guess we cant have everything perfect. :?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
actually it was the passengers seat. So your front passengers seat upon FULL recline comes back up all the way with just a pull of the lever?

so4reelz said:
mine is not as smooth as flyingn either. sometimes i have to pull the lever and give the seat a little push...

but flyingn...i dont have that driver's seat problem that you had. i guess we cant have everything perfect. :?

·
Registered
652 Posts
It would probably be helpful if folks posted leather or cloth.

My seats (leather) need the slightest touch to fold. Dealer said give it a little time to break in. The handles work fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the Leather seating.

At first both the handle pull from the rear and the drop of the seats was a bit difficult. Now that the pulls have been used a bit they have gotten easier but still have a nice positive pressure to them.

Also, the seats have now begun dropping on their own without assistance after pulling the lever from the rear as the leather has begun to soften and ease up from brand new condition.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i never checked my passenger seats until today. it actually does a FULL recline back up w/ the pull of the lever. as you would say, "butter smooth." :lol: i guess not all rav's are created equal.

i have cloth interior btw.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I just check my passenger seat. I doesn't return to upright either. However I think it is a function of not being broken in. After I did it a few time it started up slllooowly and stopped. The slightest touch and it comes up. The springs or whatever returns it could be tighter.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
My rear seats flipped down better before the leather was installed. There's a little extra padding between the seat sections now, so I have to goose it a little, but it flops down just fine.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our release levers work so smoothly that ... my brother was looking into the rear seat when I happened to pull the seat release lever in the back, He nearly lost his hand at the wrist. The thing works like a guillotine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine move very smoothly as well. The only time they don't drop extremely smoothly is if the seatbelts are in the way.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Was gonna ask this question and came across this thread.

Anyone with an '09 that has this problem? Mine, no matter how far I pull the lever, the 2nd row seat just won't budge. I even pulled the lever and tried nudging the seat forward. Guess I gotta take it to dealer. It feels almost like the cable itself is not even connected and it's for both driver's and passenger side. It works if I use the lever on the seat though.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well, considering the car is 1 month old, I don't think I'll get any issues with having them look at it and fix it...haha. I was kinda hoping it was loose cable or something. Oh yeah, mine is '09 with cloth.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Funny, after driving from Seattle back up to Canada with both 2nd row seats down (was transporting a baby's crib), the trunk latches now work. I just pulled on them and they felt the same, but I noticed the tonneau cover part that connects to rear headrest move and realized that it's now working. The first time I had to give the seat a push (for both sides). Now, when I pull the handle, I just hold it for a second or two and then the seatback will fold down. Weird, but I'm glad it's working now.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,606 Posts
wing_woo said:
Funny, after driving from Seattle back up to Canada with both 2nd row seats down (was transporting a baby's crib), the trunk latches now work. I just pulled on them and they felt the same, but I noticed the tonneau cover part that connects to rear headrest move and realized that it's now working. The first time I had to give the seat a push (for both sides). Now, when I pull the handle, I just hold it for a second or two and then the seatback will fold down. Weird, but I'm glad it's working now.
Maybe you were on an incline and the car was facing up? It works better on level ground!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts