Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member, we just got our RAV4 XLE Premium. Already took it on a road trip so have 1000 miles in the first week and loving it. During this time we realized the interior at night is a cave with the black interior. Looking at some other posts on upgrading the lamps to LED.

I see under the dash that there are connectors for footwell lamps, and they have 12V on two of the four pins.

I'm trying to figure out what components from https://parts.toyota.com/a/Toyota_2019_RAV4-VIN-2T3C1RFV-25L-AT/_82808_7612402/INTERIOR-LAMP/665430-8121.html I need to 'upgrade' our rig to having footwell lamps.

Looking at the plastic plate under the dash it seems there might be a remote mount... would anyone that has footwell lamps be willing to snap a photo under the dash?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone is interested in this for their XLE Premium...

I just ordered the parts I thought I needed. Cost $30 plus shipping and took less time to install than it did to do this write-up. What I thought was the remote mount is just the 'holder' for the wiring harness if no light is installed.

(2) 8108033280 - Courtesy Light (Left, Right) - $14.99 ea

Light assembly - LED with connector:

Driver's side showing connector in 'holder' [note: driver's plate is secured with two screws]:

Driver's side with assy installed:

Photo after plate put back in place:

Passenger side installed:

Lamps go on and off with dome lamps. Color is the same blue as the dash lamps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice find and write up MobileP! I will probably order up and get this done to mine aswell. ?

Ummm, are these footwell lights standard in the Limited or Hybrid trims or did Toyota leave them out as a cost savings thing like they left out the hood liners and headlight weather strippings. If its the latter, I'm starting to get pissed off...:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm, are these footwell lights standard in the Limited or Hybrid trims
Glad you mentioned that, I had to use a Limited VIN (just grabbed one from a dealer's stock) to be able to confirm the part number. Item was greyed out using my XLE Premium VIN.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you mean they won't be on at all while the vehicle is in motion, like in the Limited? (Thus, "ambient" lighting) I think I saw there's a setting for this with Carista to turn the ambient lights on or off. Maybe it's set to "off" in the non-Limited trimlines? You may want to check that out yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean they won't be on at all while the vehicle is in motion, like in the Limited?
They turn/stay on when the engine is running, which explains why they are the same color blue as the dash lamps. I hadn't really thought of the ambient lighting aspect, my original intent was more to be able to see at entry/exit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi All,
I have an XLE (Not Premium..)
I did not get a chance to take off the panel under the drivers side, but I was able to take a few photos.
Does anyone know if the XLE has the wiring, just tucked away like as shown in MobilePlaypen's photos?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,
I have an XLE (Not Premium..)
I did not get a chance to take off the panel under the drivers side, but I was able to take a few photos.
Does anyone know if the XLE has the wiring, just tucked away like as shown in MobilePlaypen's photos?
The square white connector thing in the lower left of each shot is the connector in its 'holder'. Confirm you have 12V across the two pins and you should be golden. Your arrows point to where the lamp assy mounts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great find Mobile. I just picked up two and installed in less than 10 minutes and they work great. I was missing the footwell lighting I had on my 2011 Limited. Problem solved!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Great find Mobile. I just picked up two and installed in less than 10 minutes and they work great. I was missing the footwell lighting I had on my 2011 Limited. Problem solved!
what model do you have? Where did you buy them?
Can anyone confirm that all models are wired already for these?

·
Registered
320 Posts
what model do you have? Where did you buy them?
Can anyone confirm that all models are wired already for these?
I have an XLE premium. I found them on Ebay from a Toyota dealer. Cost about $36 including shipping. I can't speak to any other models.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Now the next big question is: Is the wiring installed for the console shelf light? The light above the cubby just fwd of the gear shift. May have to go exploring today.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looked up part on Toyota parts website and it shows it fits the following Japanese versions:
Toyota RAV4 2.5L AT VIN: JTMN1RFV2019
Toyota RAV4 2.5L AT VIN: JTMY1RFV2019

But....my VIN starts with JTMA1RFV....will this cause an installation problem?

·
Registered
189 Posts
In case anyone is interested in this for their XLE Premium...

I just ordered the parts I thought I needed. Cost $30 plus shipping and took less time to install than it did to do this write-up. What I thought was the remote mount is just the 'holder' for the wiring harness if no light is installed.

(2) 8108033280 - Courtesy Light (Left, Right) - $14.99 ea

Light assembly - LED with connector:
View attachment 143735

Driver's side showing connector in 'holder' [note: driver's plate is secured with two screws]:
View attachment 143736

Driver's side with assy installed:

View attachment 143737

Photo after plate put back in place:

View attachment 143738

Passenger side installed:

View attachment 143739

I also noticed a hole present above the wireless charger area, have you or anyone else dug into this, I bet a plug is present there as well?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Now the next big question is: Is the wiring installed for the console shelf light? The light above the cubby just fwd of the gear shift. May have to go exploring today.
I see a hole for a light, but haven't tried looking for wire pigtail yet have you?

1 - 20 of 292 Posts