·
Registered
11 Posts
View attachment 150375
Black and cream cable No power at all, with multimeter

View attachment 150376

Conector cable goes up thru bunch cable innl tapes,
View attachment 150377

Goes there thru white box with connection at far I can see in the space.
Thanks for that info. Have you hooked up TIS at all to determine if the footwell lighting is enabled? That could be why there is no voltage being seen at the multimeter. Looking at the diagram the color code is correct with the Beige and Black wire which routes back to Pin 37 in the Instrument Panel Wire & Instrument Panel J/B on connector 4A and Pin 25 on connect 4A. Apparently those connectors are located in that upward direction in the back of the main ECU. I may fabricate the pin outs with wire and test my theory for people who are missing that part of the harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for that info. Have you hooked up TIS at all to determine if the footwell lighting is enabled? That could be why there is no voltage being seen at the multimeter. Looking at the diagram the color code is correct with the Beige and Black wire which routes back to Pin 37 in the Instrument Panel Wire & Instrument Panel J/B on connector 4A and Pin 25 on connect 4A. Apparently those connectors are located in that upward direction in the back of the main ECU. I may fabricate the pin outs with wire and test my theory for people who are missing that part of the harness.
As soon I fix the TIS software will check
Right won't see the than USB cable

Any version recommended I have 14

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
With my previous car, I ended up ordering and installed an Aura -kit from OPT-7.
The basic kit was an easy install and it included everything that was needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts

The option is enable, ligth still off. :mad:

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE AWD (gas) - Blueprint/Nutmeg
101 Posts
The option is enable, ligth still off. :mad:
I removed my paneling tonight on my base XLE (No options) and I too have the wiring in place for lighting. I have not purchased the bulbs yet so I can't test if mine are "hot" but out of curiosity have you compared your fuse/relay box from the passenger side under the hood with the folks with the CW Package to see if anything is different? Maybe it's just a fuse/relay that needs to be installed? I have a pic of the driver side box too but I feel like based on the labeling it might be something in the passenger side box.

Here is a pic of my passenger side. Anyone with a CW package Rav4 that can compare?

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE AWD (gas) - Blueprint/Nutmeg
101 Posts
Anyone who has successfully installed the OEM lights care to post their fuses/relays? Interested to see the ones from people who installed it themselves and had the lights work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone tried this on a TRD off road model to see if the wiring is there?
I have a Canadian made Trail model (adventure model in the US) and it has the footwell and cup holder lights already. It is missing the storage tray light, why would they skip just this one???
I assume the wiring will be there but will check before I order 81080-42040

·
Registered
2019 Toyota RAV4 Adventure, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1989 Toyota Celica Convertible
18 Posts
Yes I have a 2019 US Adventure model built in Canada, I have the footwell lights too

·
Registered
134 Posts

Driver Side Box
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XLE with Convenience/Audio Plus/Weather
My model shipped with the harnesses for the footwell lights but did not ship with the LED bulbs. Everything worked when I plugged the bulbs in without any additional wiring or techstream changes.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XLE
20 Posts
I have finally been able to install the footwell & cargo tray lights in my 2020 XLE. My car did not have any of the wiring needed, so here are the steps I followed
1. Ordered 3 wiring harnesses and 3 LED lights
2. Connected the lights to wiring harness and then cut off the unused end of the harness. Did this to all three lights
3. Spliced the exposed wire to new wire and connected all 3 lights to one connector, effectively splicing them together.
4. From that connector, led a ground wire to a bolt behind the gas pedal and the lead to a fuse tap I added to the box by the brake pedal. My lights work perfectly. They are on when the car is on, off when it is off. They do not dim as they would if they were installed from the factory and do not turn on with the headlights, but besides that they work great.

I am NOT someone who does a lot of wiring, and I still found this pretty easy to do. If you need help, let me know.

Oh, I actually have 3 extra OEM LED's. The harnesses each came with one attached, so I didn't need the ones I purchased. Let me know if you want one. I'll sell them at cost...don't want to make any money off of this, just want to help.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XLE
20 Posts
I did mine too, except I manage to tap the wire on/off using headlight/auto/dim lever.;)
That's pretty awesome. Can you take a pic of the wire you tapped?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's pretty awesome. Can you take a pic of the wire you tapped?
I don't know how to uploads pics in here but if you're interested give me your number and I will send you the pics thru text and by the way do you still have those harness wire? Toyota just cancelled my order due to discontinued. I want 3 pieces of harness for my friend sake. Thanks!

181 - 200 of 246 Posts