Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XLE
20 Posts
I don't know how to uploads pics in here but if you're interested give me your number and I will send you the pics thru text and by the way do you still have those harness wire? Toyota just cancelled my order due to discontinued. I want 3 pieces of harness for my friend sake. Thanks!
Sorry man, I've tossed the harnesses (they all got clipped in the process. But you could solder wire to each of the lights individually. The LEDs are pretty simple to take apart. That's what I did with one of them.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE AWD (gas) - Blueprint/Nutmeg
101 Posts
Has anyone with the base XLE wiring in place identified where they go on the vehicles with the cold weather package? I have the wiring but they don’t carry voltage and it’d be nice to know where they officially tie in on the higher trims so they function as intended with the dimming when the vehicle begins moving.

Stuck at home while the quarantine is in effect and I’m really hankering for some tinkering.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Has anyone with the base XLE wiring in place identified where they go on the vehicles with the cold weather package? I have the wiring but they don’t carry voltage and it’d be nice to know where they officially tie in on the higher trims so they function as intended with the dimming when the vehicle begins moving.

Stuck at home while the quarantine is in effect and I’m really hankering for some tinkering.
Try checking the two fuse boxes under the hood and there's an additional one under the driver's left knee.

The hood pictures are above in this thread.

You can see the correct config for the fuse box from under the dash here:

There are a few places in the video where the fuse box is visible.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can someone with an XLE Premium (non-hybrid) with cold weather package please post your under the hood passenger and driver's side fuse/relay boxes with the cover showing the fuse locations also? 2019 would be preferable.

I compared my fuses to the hybrid fuses posted further up the thread but some of the fuse locations are different. I want to try installing the fuses/relays I'm missing in mine to see if I can get some voltage on the illumination wiring.

I traced the wires tonight and from what I can tell they follow the bundle through the firewall into the engine bay.

Thank you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I removed my paneling tonight on my base XLE (No options) and I too have the wiring in place for lighting. I have not purchased the bulbs yet so I can't test if mine are "hot" but out of curiosity have you compared your fuse/relay box from the passenger side under the hood with the folks with the CW Package to see if anything is different? Maybe it's just a fuse/relay that needs to be installed? I have a pic of the driver side box too but I feel like based on the labeling it might be something in the passenger side box.

Here is a pic of my passenger side. Anyone with a CW package Rav4 that can compare?

View attachment 150465
My version have the right side fuse box

Left side fuse box don't exist

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here's the full electric wiring diagram for the interior lights, if anyone wants to try and figure out where the lighting is controlled

EDIT: Looks like it may be "FSPT" connection or circuit on G44/G45
Added system diagram.
Added troubleshooting document for int lighting. Terminals for footwell lights are on 4A connector - terminals 4A-36 and 4A-37. No idea where the 4A connector is lol
View attachment 149995 View attachment 149996 View attachment 149997 View attachment 149998 View attachment 149999 View attachment 150000 View attachment 150001 View attachment 150002 View attachment 150003

Well I got my lights in a week or so ago and as expected they do not work with the existing wiring in my gas XLE. I've been attempting to decipher the wiring diagrams MK-ULTRABAR was nice enough to post further back in the thread. With what limited knowledge I have on this topic it appears this wiring interfaces with the instrument panel junction box assembly which I think is somewhere in the dash on the drivers side.

Unfortunately I am at a dead end as my knowledge of reading wiring diagrams is limited. I see references to the 4D harness's pins 25 and 27, I think? The documents I am reading are also for a hybrid, so I am not sure if it would be the same for a gas model. It could be that the instrument panel junction box may even be a different part number since folks with the cold weather package report theirs works with no modification. But I'm not sure on that either.

If anyone has the knowledge and wants to figure it out, I'd love to see their results.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 XLE Hybrid
10 Posts
2020 XLE hybrid here in Oregon. Only additional option we have is the cold weather package. Found the plugs today and when the dome lights are on, got 12v At the plugs (y). For those that asked about how to get your leads in the plug to test, you can access the metal pins from the back of the plug easily.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
2 Posts
Can't thank you all enough for the tips on adding footwell lighting to my RAV4, a 2020 Woodstock, Ontario-built Hybrid XLE with weather and convenience packages. I love the car but the black interior and carpet with no foot lighting at all was a real disappointment. I bought mine off the lot and the dealer said they couldn't add them because the car wasn't built for it. Ha. After reading this forum, I ordered the three LEDs for the footwells and cubby. Driver's side was exactly as others had pictured, with the little white plastic connector "parked" in it's holder on the garnish panel. I plugged in the LED, snapped it in it's slot and it immediately came on. Passenger side was a different story. No wire, no parked connector, and some stuff that I wasn't going to mess with right above where the slot in the garnish was for the light. After some careful exploration, I actually found the passenger side harness was tucked down into the kick panel on the outer wall, and not at all obvious that it was even there. I gingerly fished it up and out of the kick panel, it was taped in a little loop so I just removed the tape, snapped the LED and harness anchor into their slots and voila - I've got footwell lights! Now for the cubby - anyone have any ideas about how to go about getting to that? I'm assuming the connector will be present somewhere just above the cubby, but I have no clue as to hot to get to it. Any pics or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't thank you all enough for the tips on adding footwell lighting to my RAV4, a 2020 Woodstock, Ontario-built Hybrid XLE with weather and convenience packages. I love the car but the black interior and carpet with no foot lighting at all was a real disappointment. I bought mine off the lot and the dealer said they couldn't add them because the car wasn't built for it. Ha. After reading this forum, I ordered the three LEDs for the footwells and cubby. Driver's side was exactly as others had pictured, with the little white plastic connector "parked" in it's holder on the garnish panel. I plugged in the LED, snapped it in it's slot and it immediately came on. Passenger side was a different story. No wire, no parked connector, and some stuff that I wasn't going to mess with right above where the slot in the garnish was for the light. After some careful exploration, I actually found the passenger side harness was tucked down into the kick panel on the outer wall, and not at all obvious that it was even there. I gingerly fished it up and out of the kick panel, it was taped in a little loop so I just removed the tape, snapped the LED and harness anchor into their slots and voila - I've got footwell lights! Now for the cubby - anyone have any ideas about how to go about getting to that? I'm assuming the connector will be present somewhere just above the cubby, but I have no clue as to hot to get to it. Any pics or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an XLE premium. I found them on Ebay from a Toyota dealer. Cost about $36 including shipping. I can't speak to any other models.

Same here, XLE premium paid around $35 on the web for a pair. It took less than 10 minutes to install. I havent been able to drive much around at night due to lockdown but i did notice they dim while driving they dont completely turn off. But again i havent been able to test much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same here, XLE premium paid around $35 on the web for a pair. It took less than 10 minutes to install. I havent been able to drive much around at night due to lockdown but i did notice they dim while driving they dont completely turn off. But again i havent been able to test much.
Brother, do you mind send a picture of the connector where the LED harness clicks in? Got a 2020 XLE gas in Canada and i cant find the plug. Maybe its there maybe its not. But i feel the best way to knw for sure is to have some1 who already has it working to share a picture. Hope you understand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone with a gas 2020 XLE without any packages or upgrades (i.e., no moonroof, no heated seats, no audio plus) get the footwell lights or center console light to work?
Some base XLE folks have spliced into existing wiring connections to either have the lights on all the time or only when headlights are on. We're still investigating how to interface with the main body ECU next to the steering wheel to have them function as intended from the factory. I have the existing wiring but like you they don't have current on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brother, do you mind send a picture of the connector where the LED harness clicks in? Got a 2020 XLE gas in Canada and i cant find the plug. Maybe its there maybe its not. But i feel the best way to knw for sure is to have some1 who already has it working to share a picture. Hope you understand.
Scroll down here and go to the first page of this question. There you will see multiple pictures for the driver's side and also the passenger. Once you remove that black cover that has one or 2 screws plus some tabs you pull you will see the wiring kind of like plug to the cover, you have to pull to connect the light and then slide in on the actual place that lights to the floor. Again, ours is a US model made in Japan, XLE premium and had it. Very easy to install

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you post picture for where you found the wiring tucked under the kick panel .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you post picture for where you found the wiring tucked under the kick panel .
Second photo of this post

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Denzu619, @325gks, @njdriver - It's this black harness w/ white connector. Towards the back it's stuck downward into the kick plate, remove it by pinching the tabs:
View attachment 151698
@WillRav4Tacos in the same boat and on the hunt to turn them on as well..... 2019 XLE AWD, no packages.
Thanks brother. I am well aware of the harness and the LED alongwith the part number. However, i need to knw the other end of the harness (somewhere near the fuse box/behind OBD reader) that connects into the Electricals of the vehicle. Mine is a base XLE 2020 Ontario built.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks brother. I am well aware of the harness and the LED alongwith the part number. However, i need to knw the other end of the harness (somewhere near the fuse box/behind OBD reader) that connects into the Electricals of the vehicle. Mine is a base XLE 2020 Ontario built.
The harness travels to the main body ECU in the driver side dash near the steering wheel. I've not figured out a way to get access to it. A few pins on that ECU's harness are for the ambient lighting. I and others have posted the wiring diagrams but I don't know how to read them sadly. Until someone figures out a way to get access to that box and also decipher the wiring diagram, I don't see a way to get them working the way they do from the factory. Others have just spliced the harnesses into other circuits to have them on all the time for example. But I'm holding out hope for a better solution.

201 - 220 of 246 Posts