Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup, I did splice all 3 to the 12v cup holder. I added a switch and placed it in the center console box. I was able to sneak the wires through the USB face plate which pops off. I made it look very clean. I'm debating in doing the other 2 cubby locations, but can't really find the part number for the top console cover that includes the hole for the LED.
You might as well light up the cup holder area with blue LED.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd also like to do the same. It thankfully isn't part of the entire upper dash, it is an individual piece on both sides. Looks like it is around 200 bucks for just the passenger side. :oops: 2020 Toyota RAV4 VIN: 2T3N1RFV 2.5L AT Instrument Panel Storage Compartment. DARK. BROWN. Door, Instrument Panel - 550410R030E3 - Genuine Toyota Part

I've been trying to figure out how to get the lights working with the OEM harnesses already in place, but I am thinking I need a different wiring diagram. The one I have been using is for the Hybrid and I could be wrong but it seems the power for the footwell lights is coming from the auxiliary battery in that document, which might mean why gas XLEs aren't working. I did some wire tracing on the passenger side and found an empty A B C relay sockets (Post 232 above), the passenger side footwell light travels to this in a big bundle. I was hoping someone with a gas model with heated seats could post if their sockets have relays in them.
I saw that part too, but I'm wondering if it includes the upper part of the trim where the LED would be cut out or just the bottom with the mat only

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
184 Posts
I think that’s the surround, the little tear down image map shows the mat as a different part number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that’s the surround, the little tear down image map shows the mat as a different part number.
I hope that it is because I was afraid to order it and only just being the bottom half and not the top half included. I believe the RAV4 XSE Hybrid has the cup holder and right large cubby in black vs brown color

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Rav4
35 Posts
Does anyone have pictures, or a video, on how to disassemble the charger/cubby area for the LED light there? Trying to determine the easiest way to get to the plug to connect the bulb. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope that it is because I was afraid to order it and only just being the bottom half and not the top half included. I believe the RAV4 XSE Hybrid has the cup holder and right large cubby in black vs brown color
I don’t think I could stomach dropping 2 bills on the trim, one day if I got the itch I’d probably use the center cubby hole to make a template to Dremel the inserts in.

Does anyone have pictures, or a video, on how to disassemble the charger/cubby area for the LED light there? Trying to determine the easiest way to get to the plug to connect the bulb. Thanks in advanced.
This thread has gotten pretty long and it’s hard to find the good tidbits of info, but if you search back through the previous pages some folks have posted some helpful pics and instructions. It’s what I used to tear open my center cubby.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XLE
21 Posts
Yup, I took parts of my dash apart today. I have 0 harness locations for lights (foot wells, center console/usb port area, left cubby) except underneath the cup holders which is the 12V line and the other 2 pin small connector (looked like an LED connector but didn't match)

I ended up ordering the wiring harness that came with the LEDs (82285-42030) with it which was like $2.51 each. I used the one side which plugged in to the LED and cut off the other side spliced them together and just tapped in the 12V line located under the cup holder and added a switch to turn them on and off as needed.

View attachment 152660 View attachment 152661
I basically did the same thing, but instead of adding a switch to turn them on, I tapped into a fuse that gives power when the accessories/engine is one.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Rav4
35 Posts
I know that I am replying to my own post/question... But if anyone need detailed instructions on how to access the storage tray (center cubby) courtesy light, the following post have very good and detailed instructions. I followed them, and they worked exactly as stated.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Rav4
35 Posts
I hope that this information helps someone in the future. My 2019 XLE Premium came pre-wired for the lighting. As soon as I plugged in the LEDs, they turned on.

Here are the quantity and parts that you will need:

Part 81080-33280:
Toyotas fancy encased LED.

Part 81080-42040:
Toyotas fancy encased LED, but with a plastic cover that acts as the retaining clip.

Drivers side before:
Wire curved towards the back of this panel, and the plug was inserted into this holder.

Drivers side after:
Installed the LED, and snapped the wire into the front holder/hole.

Passengers side before:
Wire curves to the right and the plug was inserted into this holder.

Passengers side after:
Installed the LED, and snapped the wire into the left most holder/hole.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My 19 XLE has the wiring, but it appears that they are not activated. Most likely a missing relay for an option that wasn’t included. Without an accurate schematic, we are guessing and risking damaging something. Hopefully someone will discover the missing link. One thing to investigate, the software used to configure the options, does it have any interior lighting options? It might be as simple as enabling the option.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My 19 XLE has the wiring, but it appears that they are not activated. Most likely a missing relay for an option that wasn’t included. Without an accurate schematic, we are guessing and risking damaging something. Hopefully someone will discover the missing link. One thing to investigate, the software used to configure the options, does it have any interior lighting options? It might be as simple as enabling the option.
I've hooked my car up to Techstream and looked through every customization menu and the default setting for footwell lights is ON. Mine was enabled already, so it is most likely a relay somewhere. I found some behind the glovebox on mine that are empty. In another thread a member with an XLE Premium has the "C" relay filled. I traced the footwell lights on the passenger side and they travel up in the bundle of wires to this little relay junction.

If I had access to TIS I could pull the wiring diagrams for the non-Hybrid and see what's different. I only have access to the Hybrid wiring diagrams.

Mine:

XLE Premium:

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
109 Posts
Have you tried using a voltmeter to see if there's power to the harness for the footwell lights? I know it was suggested earlier to try that to see if your getting power to the connector.

I have a 19' XLE Hybrid. I know I have the harnesses for the footwell lights and don't want to run into the issue of them not working. I don't have a voltmeter to test this myself, but I'm curious if this could be a solution for me to determine if the footwell lights will work or not on my trim.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have you tried using a voltmeter to see if there's power to the harness for the footwell lights? I know it was suggested earlier to try that to see if your getting power to the connector.

I have a 19' XLE Hybrid. I know I have the harnesses for the footwell lights and don't want to run into the issue of them not working. I don't have a voltmeter to test this myself, but I'm curious if this could be a solution for me to determine if the footwell lights will work or not on my trim.
I have used a volt meter and I even have the OEM LEDs from Toyota but sadly, no voltage. It does seem to work on every Hybrid trim that has the wiring in place though from what I have read, so I'm willing to bet you would be OK. The only lower trim gas models that have both the wiring and working are the ones with the "Cold Weather Package". I have an XLE without that package and no bueno.

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
109 Posts
I have used a volt meter and I even have the OEM LEDs from Toyota but sadly, no voltage. It does seem to work on every Hybrid trim though from what I have read, so I'm willing to bet you would be OK. The only lower trim gas models that have both the wiring and working are the ones with the "Cold Weather Package". I have an XLE without that package and no bueno.
O wow, I wasn't aware this was an issue that only affected the lower trim gas models. I'll go ahead and buy these footwell lights. Fingers crossed they work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope that this information helps someone in the future. My 2019 XLE Premium came pre-wired for the lighting. As soon as I plugged in the LEDs, they turned on.

Here are the quantity and parts that you will need:
View attachment 152953

Part 81080-33280:
Toyotas fancy encased LED.
View attachment 152959

Part 81080-42040:
Toyotas fancy encased LED, but with a plastic cover that acts as the retaining clip.
View attachment 152958

Drivers side before:
Wire curved towards the back of this panel, and the plug was inserted into this holder.
View attachment 152956

Drivers side after:
Installed the LED, and snapped the wire into the front holder/hole.
View attachment 152957

Passengers side before:
Wire curves to the right and the plug was inserted into this holder.
View attachment 152954

Passengers side after:
Installed the LED, and snapped the wire into the left most holder/hole.
View attachment 152955
I’ve been considering installing these in my 2020 XLE Premium. How bright are the lights? Are they distracting to drive with at night?

·
Registered
2020 XLE Premium
21 Posts
2020 XLE Premium. XLE premium grade technology package, XLE premium grade weather package. Made in Japan.

No harnesses

Looks like I'm out of luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've hooked my car up to Techstream and looked through every customization menu and the default setting for footwell lights is ON. Mine was enabled already, so it is most likely a relay somewhere. I found some behind the glovebox on mine that are empty. In another thread a member with an XLE Premium has the "C" relay filled. I traced the footwell lights on the passenger side and they travel up in the bundle of wires to this little relay junction.

If I had access to TIS I could pull the wiring diagrams for the non-Hybrid and see what's different. I only have access to the Hybrid wiring diagrams.

Mine:

View attachment 153052

XLE Premium:
View attachment 153053
Try doing a continuity check between the relay C contacts and the footwell wiring on that side. If it's connected then you know you need relay C.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Try doing a continuity check between the relay C contacts and the footwell wiring on that side. If it's connected then you know you need relay C.

This is a pretty good idea! Is this something I can do with a voltage meter? I'm kinda not the brightest footwell light when it comes to electrical stuff. :unsure:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Look on your meter to see if there's a marking for beep/tone. Sometimes it looks like a sideways WiFi symbol. Try touching the leads together on each setting to see if your volt meter makes a beep. Beep/tone means connected.

Alternatively, if your meter checks resistance a reading of closer to zero means it is connected.

241 - 260 of 292 Posts