Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I imported a 94 Rav 4 for the missus, as usual on inspecting the oil in the motor I found it was BLACK and old, a week ago I did an engine flush, filter change, fresh oil & some Lucas oil stabilizer, and some stuff to quieten down the lifters.

We knew we had an oil leak from the camshaft but had planned on tackling that with the cambelt in 6 months time as it wasn't too bad.....however the thiner oil made it more obvious. Anyway a week passed and the oil light flickered on a few times, then the next day it was CONSTANT. Not keen to loose a motor I dropped it to our mecanic who had an idea that the culprit would probably be chunks of gunk that were freed up in the engine flush had probably blocked the system............boy was he right!! :shock:

Cheers
KiwiMR2

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy Mother of Clogged Lubrication Channels,
What a mess. Sheesh, that makes me want to take off my valve cover for the potential sheer entertainment value...

Bogatyr

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That CANNOT be caused by blocked oilways !!! are you sure it's not had the old trick of putting gearbox oil in a knackered engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts