Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday October 19, 2005 I treated myself to a concert. For you Fusion Jazz lover I had the honor of seeing Jean Luc-Ponty, Bela Flack and Stanley Clarke, the TRIO at the Bellas Artes Theater in San Juan. For music lovers of Jazz they know that this is a once in the life time occasion. I took some shoots.

Yea, I had front seats at $140.00 a pop. But these are occasions that come up once in a lifetime with these exquisite musicians. Bela Fleck I have only one CD, he is an excellent Banjo player. I'll be looking for some more in the very near future.

Stanley Clarke is an excellent Bass player that started his career with the legendary group Return to Forever. This group [RTF] doesn't need an introduction. He is considered the BEST bass player of all times, period. I was a witness to that Wednesday night.

Now for the master, Jean-Luc Ponty, [French] I've been listening to Jean-Luc Ponty since I was fifteen years old. He is without a doubt the best fusion violinist of all times. Among his many masterpiece these are just some of my favorites.

A Taste for Passion
Cosmic Messenger
Imaginary Voyage
Aurora
Egocentric Molecular

And many more, I suggest that you listen to these CD's and be ready to fly. I have his whole collection and can give any advice. So, if you like music in the 30th century, this is progressive jazz at it best.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wow, it must have been cool to be there. I love jazz as well but i don't really know much about the musicians. I like listening to it because it's just relaxing, and if on radio sounds great, i can imagine how it would've been to be listen to it life! You're so lucky :D. I haven't had the chance to be in a jazz concert :(, but will someday ;)

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Puerto rico we have the Heineken Jazz festival every year. It is a world class jazz concert like the New Port Jazz festival and the Montreux Jazz Festival. I just finish recording a CD of the most coolest jazz concert from Cuba. It is an old Cd, but, that is the cool stiff about Jazz. you can listen to it any time and it still sound great. Unlike other music. If you would like some guide lines on groups and musicians that when you buy it in CA, you will be buying the best in Jazz. Go to http://www.allmusic.com . This is the source of music around the world. They tell you who is who in music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts