Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
where did you buy these seat covers?
Got them for Clazzio directly. I had them on my Tacoma before and loved it. They are super snug so its a bit of work to get them on but worth it. Ill take a few pics.
On their site they do NOT have a Prime specific version but the owner of Clazzio confirmed that the Hybrid Power Driver Seat version will fit and it did. The only modification I had to do was the rear seat cover is a bit larger on the Hybrid then the Prime but I just tucked the extra fabric under the seat. Cant tell a difference. I highly recommend them. Second car with it now and any other cloth interior vehicle Ill have, Ill look into getting seat covers from Clazzio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thx! ill wait for some pics.

how did you get them for 350?
I bought the PVC "leather" black/black/black for $399 but they gave me a discount over the phone. They are a great group of people! It came out to $350ish. I think it was 10% off? Something around there. If you buy the next higher available leather thats $599, you can get $80 off on that one. But PVC has been good enough for me and on my previous Tacoma I had them for 2 years with no issues .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are the Clazzio PVC seat covers! Hard to get the perfect pic of em but you get the idea. These are still not adjusted after they had time to "stretch" as instructed by Clazzio since I got em on just over a week ago. But after a few weeks, especially when its warm out, the seat covers "hug" the seat better but require to be adjusted again by the strings underneath the seat. So releastically the seats will look even better then they do now. There are still some very slight visible creases in the covers since they were packed kind of tight to ship but again, that will alk go away in a few weeks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don’t have any regrets yet but the time will tell. When we were shopping for a RAV4 hybrid, we were debating between XLE hybrid and XSE hybrid. Although we are happy with our XSE, not sure if it was worth $4000 uptick given no major functional and performance differences. I bought a Prime SE because it seemed like a pragmatic choice. For those who own SE, any regrets or affirmations?
We got the SE with moon roof and all weather pkg and it was around 41k. I didn't really want to go over 40k but we had to, in order to the R4P. On the car side, there are no regrets but I was taken aback that many features which I thought would be basic on the software side are only available with the XSE. For example, remote start/stop, remote lock/unlock, charging schedule & status. I assume with a PHEV, this is all basic functionality and to my surprise it is not. The only thing I really cared about is the ability to check charge status but fortunately I ordered a smart EVSE so I'll be able to use that.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
We got the SE with moon roof and all weather pkg and it was around 41k. I didn't really want to go over 40k but we had to, in order to the R4P. On the car side, there are no regrets but I was taken aback that many features which I thought would be basic on the software side are only available with the XSE. For example, remote start/stop, remote lock/unlock, charging schedule & status. I assume with a PHEV, this is all basic functionality and to my surprise it is not. The only thing I really cared about is the ability to check charge status but fortunately I ordered a smart EVSE so I'll be able to use that.
I have never spent over $40k on a car before (My 2016 4Runner SR5P came close. I don’t miss that 4Runner SR5P much since I was stuck getting 18 MPG). The only justification I have for this RAV4P is that there will be a $7500 tax credit when I file 2021 tax return. I don’t really have any regrets getting a SE given that it is functionally equivalent to XSE.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought the weather package had the vented seats. I’m just disappointed I didn’t get the premium package due to that. If I knew that, I would have just gone with the SE most likely.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I thought the weather package had the vented seats. I’m just disappointed I didn’t get the premium package due to that. If I knew that, I would have just gone with the SE most likely.
If the price difference wasn't so big then I would have gotten an XSE.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here are the Clazzio PVC seat covers! Hard to get the perfect pic of em but you get the idea. These are still not adjusted after they had time to "stretch" as instructed by Clazzio since I got em on just over a week ago. But after a few weeks, especially when its warm out, the seat covers "hug" the seat better but require to be adjusted again by the strings underneath the seat. So releastically the seats will look even better then they do now. There are still some very slight visible creases in the covers since they were packed kind of tight to ship but again, that will alk go away in a few weeks!
View attachment 167948 View attachment 167949
View attachment 167950
View attachment 167951
How much work was it to install? Did you need to remove the rear seats?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How much work was it to install? Did you need to remove the rear seats?
Took me a good portion of the day. But thats mostly because I really wanted it to be perfect. I dont recall exactly now but maybe 8hrs? I think I can do it in 4hrs now thought. The back seat you have to remove just the bottom part of it, but only from the clips, you technically dont have to remove the seat. Instructions say to do so, but I chose not to because I would need to remove all the electrical wiring/clips. Did not want to mess with that.
Hopefully that helps! To this day its still my favorite "mod"!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Took me a good portion of the day. But thats mostly because I really wanted it to be perfect. I dont recall exactly now but maybe 8hrs? I think I can do it in 4hrs now thought. The back seat you have to remove just the bottom part of it, but only from the clips, you technically dont have to remove the seat. Instructions say to do so, but I chose not to because I would need to remove all the electrical wiring/clips. Did not want to mess with that.
Hopefully that helps! To this day its still my favorite "mod"!
Thanks! That’s a pretty big commitment lol! What’s the toughest parts? The fronts or rear? I mostly want it for the rears because of the kids in the back but if I purchase the set I’ll want it all installed at some point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks! That’s a pretty big commitment lol! What’s the toughest parts? The fronts or rear? I mostly want it for the rears because of the kids in the back but if I purchase the set I’ll want it all installed at some point.
I think the rear was a bit harder if I was to choose from the 2 options. It has more pieces and just harder to get to it because you have to climb through the back and get into some weird positions lol. Front is a bit easier. But its not a hard thing to do honestly. Just time consuming. But you will love it! Get em :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think the rear was a bit harder if I was to choose from the 2 options. It has more pieces and just harder to get to it because you have to climb through the back and get into some weird positions lol. Front is a bit easier. But its not a hard thing to do honestly. Just time consuming. But you will love it! Get em :)
Thanks. I emailed clazzio.com and they mentioned that they had a customer with a prime order it last week and said it didn’t fit. Sounds like you didn’t have any issues though so guessing the other person did something wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. I emailed clazzio.com and they mentioned that they had a customer with a prime order it last week and said it didn’t fit. Sounds like you didn’t have any issues though so guessing the other person did something wrong.
The only thing that was off was the rear seat. The cover they have is like ~2inches wider because the regular hybrid Rav4 has a "fatter" seat. But I tucked the access cover underneath and made new latch holes through the cover. You cant even see a difference and I have 0 issues with it. Besides that it fit like a glove. So not sure, maybe for some that would bother them and make it a no go but I wanted leather seats so I figured out a way to make it work and its been great for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have to admit, I'm bit conflicted. It's a fight between logic and emotion. The SE made more financial sense to me as the XSE had very little increase in utility unless you got the PP. But a big jump in cost.
That said, I really fancied the HUD, vented seats, and Inverter. Also, the 360 camera would have come in handy the past couple days. But, I would not want the Panoramic sunroof and black paint top. My last car was black and had panoramic sunroof. Got way too hot inside here in the south USA.

·
Registered
62 Posts
View attachment 167948 View attachment 167949
View attachment 167950
View attachment 167951
This is actually very good.

I am looking for Prime, probably leather is the only thing I miss with a SE. I almost never used moon roof or factory GPS. They are purely useless to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought the XSE because I do believe I would have regretted the SE. I am not yet sure if I will regret not getting premium or not. My Mazda CX5 has all of the features of the fully loaded premium, so I will be giving up a few things, and I am not sure how I feel about it yet tbh.

41 - 60 of 108 Posts