Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
No regrets about the SE (with Weather+Moonroof) over the XSE. Very mild disappointment that the SE offers so little "connectivity" (the Toyota app is mostly useless - no remote start/lock/unlock), and I would also have liked the 6.6 kWh charger. But the price difference necessary to get those upgrades was not justifiable to me. (Especially coming from a much lesser car to begin with - I don't miss what I've never had :).)

All the stuff that really matters (to me) was included in the SE + Weather/Moonroof package.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime SE Supersonic Red
52 Posts
The only thing that the XSE has that the SE doesn't have and that I really wanted was the auto dimming homelink mirror. I have bought them at auto junk yards for $15 and put them in other cars. I plan to do the same when I finally get my SE.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Unless you can payoff the XSE in 36 months or less or for that any financed car you are buying too much car for the budget.

I bought two SE and the first is paid off and the second will be in 6 months and I am not a millionaire.

You can have the fake leather, I would rather have no car payment.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The only thing that the XSE has that the SE doesn't have and that I really wanted was the auto dimming homelink mirror. I have bought them at auto junk yards for $15 and put them in other cars. I plan to do the same when I finally get my SE.
Ditto. It chaps my hide though to pay $30 for the little adapter to allow the mirror to clear the trim but in the big picture that is a nit. I'm planning to do the swap soon since the days are getting shorter so I guess I'll have to hold my nose and shell out the cash for the adapter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
US should standardize on 6.6kWh charger, like Europe. The 3.3 kWh charger is way below competitive offerings and diminishes the EV value of RAV4.

Satisfied with SE over XSE on all other aspects.

Separately, I wonder when Toyota will offer a pure EV to compete with VW ID.4 AWD, Model Y or Ford Mach-E. They seem very late.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There are a few things I would have enjoyed and probably a bunch that seem "nice" but would never get used or we would get frustrated with.
My wife says she would like the digital mirror and Homelink but based on what I have read about focusing distance I think that would drive us both nuts.
I do NOT want 19" wheels. (not a fan of the low profile tires that entails).
Heated seats, Steering wheel, Moonroof, etc. are nice but we had to buy that package in the SE anyway.
SofTex, wireless charging, bigger display, black top, fog lights, paddle shifters, etc. are all nice but nothing we put enough value for our $$.
The Premium package has some nice features but between the XSE, Premium, and weather package it boosts the cost over the $45k threshold in our state and you loose $2k in sales tax too. For us it was not even a consideration because of the extra $$/value was too high.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very happy with SE (cold weather package), it has all the features I wanted. The 6.6kWh charger is a nice feature, but was not enough to compel me to spend that much more. Have had ours for 2 months.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Separately, I wonder when Toyota will offer a pure EV to compete with VW ID.4 AWD, Model Y or Ford Mach-E. They seem very late.
It’s been announced. The bz4x or some stupid naming like that.
They’re late cuz Toyota CEO wanted hydrogen. And it didn’t catch on. It was such a clear transition for their Prius fans. They goofed it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It’s been announced. The bz4x or some stupid naming like that.
They’re late cuz Toyota CEO wanted hydrogen. And it didn’t catch on. It was such a clear transition for their Prius fans. They goofed it.
I haven't followed the details of this but if their battery R&D pans out I would say the timing is just about right.
Get your integration issues worked out with hybrids while a few competitors battle the bleeding edge.
Fund battery technology and wait to hit the EV market once range, customers, and infrastructure is ready.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I haven't followed the details of this but if their battery R&D pans out I would say the timing is just about right.
Get your integration issues worked out with hybrids while a few competitors battle the bleeding edge.
Fund battery technology and wait to hit the EV market once range, customers, and infrastructure is ready.
I guess you can say that. But their stance was Hydrogen was the future. Not electric so they didn’t go the electric route. But because of demand. Subaru needs to get in the game and partnered with Toyota again to make an electric.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime SE Supersonic Red
52 Posts
US should standardize on 6.6kWh charger, like Europe. The 3.3 kWh charger is way below competitive offerings and diminishes the EV value of RAV4.

Satisfied with SE over XSE on all other aspects.

If the XSE came with the 6.6kW charger, I might have been tempted to get it rather than the SE. Unfortunately it only came with the XSE Premium package. Too bad they can't have options like they used to, now it seems to be all or nothing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have kind of stayed away from this, but, I bought an SE and if I was doing it again, I would buy another SE.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well, I mean simply that I really like my SE. I don’t miss anything. It has everything I like. It is a great SUV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Happy with the SE in general but not having a heated steering wheel, and 6.6 KW charger is just stupid!
Beyond believe. Our $11K second hand Leaf has those. Bah. Shame on you Toyota.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Didn’t have much choice. Stumbled upon an xse prime last week being unloaded off the truck at the dealers the same day my bmw died. It is a totally loaded xse. There is no option it doesn’t have. As I hold onto cars until they die, I paid the extra and will enjoy the options. This dealer is only getting one prime a month . Lucky no one had a deposit on this one. Right after I drove it away someone came in to buy it .
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Happy with the SE in general but not having a heated steering wheel, and 6.6 KW charger is just stupid!
Beyond believe. Our $11K second hand Leaf has those. Bah. Shame on you Toyota.
My SE came with a heated steering wheel. Sounds like you got a SE with no package.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts