Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
As I lay here in a multi-hours long power outage, I have my fridge, and laptops all plugged into the car. Cable modem provider is down, but oddly, the TMobile towers are all up. Thank god for my backup hotspot. Anyways, the 1500W inverter has been one of the best things about the car. You SE guys are missing out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've owned two Teslas before getting my RAV4 Prime SE. No regrets. Nothing in the XSE was worth the upcharge for me, having had most of that on my TESLA. Don't need the faster charger (which is another upcharge on top of the XSE), don't need a pano roof (another upcharge above the base XSE), don't need sensors (I've never backed into anything), I LOVE the cloth seats in the SE, could care less about the extra LED running lights. I prefer the 18 inch wheels on the SE. Don't care about the two tone coloring. I have no trouble opening a liftgate without my foot (In all honesty, I wish the SE had a manual lift gate - much faster). The dynamic grid lines would have been nice, but wasn't going to pay thousands for it. Also, the paddle shifters (I believe they increase/decrease regen?) would have been nice too, but only if they could get you down to one pedal driving at the highest setting. 8 or 9 inch touchscreen - who cares? and who needs Nav built in anymore (I know, some who live in limited reception areas - but you can still use your phone off line if you just pre-load your trip). The stereo in the SE absolutely BLOWS! That's my only regret, but for a much lower price than the XSE upgrade, I can get that upgraded with a much better stereo system. Lastly, don't need to inverter...have plenty of battery backup bricks to charge basic necessities I would need in a power outage...

·
Registered
132 Posts
As I lay here in a multi-hours long power outage, I have my fridge, and laptops all plugged into the car. Cable modem provider is down, but oddly, the TMobile towers are all up. Thank god for my backup hotspot. Anyways, the 1500W inverter has been one of the best things about the car. You SE guys are missing out.
For less than the price difference between the Premium package and the SE you can get a 22kW backup generator for the house. That will do far more than keeping your fridge running.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No regrets here yet. I did not want the 19inch wheels because then it would have thinner rubber, and I wanted the beefier tires because the roads around here are hot garbage. I can always add my own foglights if I so desire, and speaker upgrades are also pretty easy down the line. I don't care about the missing video screen mirror, as I am an old school arm behind the passenger seat and turn my head out the back window guy. The only things I might miss are the nicer interior materials but I can swap out the seats for leather ones in the future if I care to do so, and the flappy pretend I'm in a race car paddles hold no attraction for me on a CVT based platform. The SE already has Button start, Car-Play, Nav, WiFi (Which I will not even care to renew when the trial expires anyway) the same exact drive train and suspension, the auto rear lift gate etc, it's all around surprisingly well equipped for a "base" model but given the 10K price increase over the standard Hybrid model (Before markups) for the prime it is to be expected that it comes with a lot of these features.

And since there is presently no reasonable way to plug my car in at home without an extension cord (Expressly verboten by the manual) the lack of a level 2 charger is meaningless to me.

But the biggest factor for me to not care about the XSE is that both versions performance is identical, and eitherway I can smoke the tires, or sip the gas, or roll EV only, as and when my mood dictates any of the above.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts