Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Memorial day weekend......... was spent cleaning the house after all the visitor kids running around and coming out to apply Forever Black on my RAV4 during times when I was taking a break from the kids.

It took me a good amount of time and patience to do this.
One coat did not do it.
I had to apply 3+ coats.
The reason for extra coats at some places was to get rid of STREAKS !!!!

It is a good product but it won't make it like it is from the factory if you put your eyes two inches from the plastic and STARE at it. :D

Wear gloves please !!! ......... or your hands will be black.

I used one bottle for all although I have ordered two $13.00 each.

It DOES get shiny at some places if you pour so much.
The last coat has to be lightly stroked with very little liquid application to EVEN out all plastic by not leaving shiny patches and not leaving streaks.

It was HARD work to making it perfect all around.

I love it but I still got some PATCHING TO DO. It will take me a while to perfect it.

I did not do the TOYOTA on the back panel. Will paint it RED later but for now you can see the difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
WOW that looks great! Factory-like!

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks fantastic! Great job sir! Would it be possible to send me the link on where you got those mud flaps? Your vehicle really comes together well and looks amazing!

-Anthony Ortiz

·
Registered
229 Posts
^agree looked like it came out new from the plant. Black does look better than the OEM charcoal gray.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks good. I like using 303 protectant. It only provides a clean look finish but its UV protection will prevent the black rubbers from fading quickly.

·
Super Moderator
11,107 Posts
Looks decent enough in the pictures.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Tried "303 Automotive UV Protectant" (Walmart, ~$7.50) yesterday on my ~10 year old General Grabber HTS tires. Took a lot of product, but looks pretty good so far -- darker, matte finish (tires have always been brownish, since new -- read its due to the compund used).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just use a hard brush to clean tires and the white writing.
Any products that make it shine that make more mess around the wheel well and the car and attract more dirt and make the tires brownish so I don't touch them with a stick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts