Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry to bring this up again, but I finally found a dealer willing to special order the double DIN dash kit from Japan! :D The problem is that they normally order parts in lots of 10. If we can find 10 people that want the part, he'll order it from us. It would be coming from Carson Toyota based out of California.

I know there were a could of people out there that was looking for this item as well. Please post a reply if you're interested.

Thanks for your time!

Edit:

Looks like the lead time would be 4 weeks coming from Japan, which is kind of a disappointment. He's still waiting on a price from Toyota Japan. I'll put it up here once I hear from him.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi 06v6RAV4, if you could post some estimates of cost and timing, that might help people to decide if they would like to join in on a group buy. A picture would help, too. Once this gets rolling, moderators can change this to a sticky thread for you.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to get an estimated price for everybody and lead time. I'll update everybody once I have more information.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely take one of these! Please let me know how to contact you to confirm the order. Thanks.

Sam

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys. I'm still waiting to hear back from him on a price for these kits. He's waiting on a reply from Japan so as it rolls downhill, I'll keep everybody updated

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

06V6RAV4:

Thanks for keeping up on this and trying to set things up for the group buy.

Hope to hear the good word soon.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I finally got all the info! You can purchase the kit from http://www.newtoyotaparts.com/product/?id=2185

The price on the website is $79.99, but for RAV4World users, the price is $59.94 by entering code RWRAD. He did mention that there's a 4 week lead time to get them in from Japan, so be prepared to wait.

Edit:
I am not affilated with them nor do I make any sort of commission off them. I just know how hard it was to try to find this part.

·
Registered
340 Posts
:thumbs_up: Good job 06v6RAV4 !!!
btw, is this code only good for the dash kit or can be use on other rav's accessories?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VERY VERY INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME KNOW!!!

IM WAITING FOR THIS CAUSE IM GONNA BE INSTALLING A SUPER NICE SYSTEM IN MY RAV!!!

[email protected]

let me know what else you need!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
michael said:
:thumbs_up: Good job 06v6RAV4 !!!
btw, is this code only good for the dash kit or can be use on other RAV's accessories?
Thanks Michael.

I haven't tried the code on other items, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked on some other items. The more interest that we can generate, I'm sure the more likely that the code does work or will work on other items.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JIMD4 said:
What does the double DIN face plate do, or why should I want to get it?
Thanks
It will let you put in a standard single DIN or double DIN size aftermarket radio into your RAV4.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi RAV4World members,

I wanted to update you on the dash kits, we ordered 15 and have so far received 7 complete sets which will be shipping in the next 24hrs. :)

We're sending them in order date placed, hope to have the rest of the kits here in the next week or two, thanks for your patience!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts