Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys before you get on my case. I found a dude that makes custom Headers for Toyota V6. He made headers for a V6 MR2. You guys can get together and make a deal with the man. Quality look excellent. But you guys must request a few so it can intere$t the man. The more the merrier.

Brad Beddell Custom Stainless Headers

http://www.bedellracing.com/

BTW, his email is [email protected]

·
Registered
231 Posts
oooooo.......... this could be interesting!!

Ok i looked around and dang he does some good work!! We might have to see if he can help us!! Anyone in for a one off headers for our ravs?? Im in!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My opinion means little, and I'm sure someone will confirm this, but why??
Why do you want to take a pretty damn fast, sweet little cruiser SUV and make it into a street racer? Isn't 269 HP enough? Why didn't you buy a Mustang, Celica or other sports car.

It's just MHO and expect that you will ignore it. Just had to chime in.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
dajazzee said:
My opinion means little, and I'm sure someone will confirm this, but why??
Why do you want to take a pretty damn fast, sweet little cruiser SUV and make it into a street racer? Isn't 269 HP enough? Why didn't you buy a Mustang, Celica or other sports car.

It's just MHO and expect that you will ignore it. Just had to chime in.
just trying to understand .... does this mean if someone wants to mod a Mustang they should have bought a Ferrari?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Always with the negative waves, Moriarity! :lol:

(bonus points if you can identify the movie that line is from...)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winnah! 8)

Great movie.

Now back to your regularly scheduled header discussion...

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I had to open my big mouth. But anyway, Kelly's Heroes is a classic WW2 movie. It's one of my favorite. Especially the part then "Don R. falls into a Donkey Heep" :lol: Makes you home sick. :lol:

If we all want to look and be cool in our RAV4s, we must stop with the negative waves. Like they say in my country: "Everyone eats IT in his/her own way." So apply it accordingly. (IT is anything)

When I started in this forum we were always looking who was the guinea-pig of the week. We all shuffled that name from time to time. Once in a while we even had volunteers. The RAV4.1 team once went to Addco and asked for a specific part. They made it for us. I was the guinea pig that time. We all wanted an installation kit for the Celica rear Anti-sway bar. We started to email Addco and they came through with the kit. If I'm not mistaken, who ever bought the bar from Summit Racing, The kit was shipped free of charge, remember guys. (Correct me if I'm wrong guys)

But this time, things are different. It involves a bigger investment. Get together and really make an minimum offer. The more Headers you guys seriously want, the lower the price. Remember, if you ask for ten sets, he can rent a RAV4 V6 and make a template in one week maybe less. But he is going to ask for a deposit, I guess like half. Of course all this I'm saying, but I guess it's up to him and especially up to you guys. :lol:

Once you have made the investment and installed them. You will listen to the cool sound, the improved gas (petrol) mileage and great power. You guys will thank us old school who have been their, done that.

Regarding Negative waves again, Moriarity was the mechanic of the tank. :wink:

Drive on, Drive hard.

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VAN , that is one of the most important email to be posted on this forum with potentially outstanding news for the RAV4.3 team. Next Step: POLL!!.

Who is willing? (without compromise for the moment)
Who is just all talk?

Or something around those lines. But from the looks of it, you guys have a great change. :) :wink: Just to get a feel of the potential RAV4.3 owners willing to stand up and be counted. This can give you an idea of how low the headers might come to, depending on quantity ordered. Now you know what I ment with "The more, the merrier." :wink:

PS
With at least 10 sets, look for a $500.00 price tag, maybe lower. I'd guess that at order time it will be about half and half at pickup. The guys from RAV4.2 approached a guy from....Italy. The header was awesome, hand made. But the price tag and especially the shipping cost were prohibited. So you guys have a chance, right here in the good old USA.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dang it i need these, Im ordering a set of mufflers , high flow cat and having 2.5'' exhuast ran shortly, i hope! Dang i hope this guy can come through for us. Now all we need is some more manufactures to come out with more goodies!!

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VAN said:
Dang it i need these, Im ordering a set of mufflers , high flow cat and having 2.5'' exhuast ran shortly, i hope! Dang i hope this guy can come through for us. Now all we need is some more manufactures to come out with more goodies!!
The only people who can make it happen are the RAV4.3 team of this forum. If their is a significant demand of at least 10 sets, your in business. Again, I'd advice you to do a poll on this forum for a feel of the market. Go to other Toyota Forums and give them the news.

http://www.toyotafans.net/
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/
http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/

Have you guess check with the available Headers for the V6 engine Toyota has? The RAV4.1 guys have headers because we use the header of a Celica 86-89.
:!:

·
Registered
126 Posts
If anyone has experience with new headers, is it a noticeable power increase?

Does it require the exhaust to be modified to realize any improvements?

If it makes me a little bit stronger off the line, I am definitely signed up.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
STY said:
The V6 needs some revs for power...if you want to get off the line quick just rev it up to that 6200 rpm hp peak and do a neutral drop :shock:

[DISCLAIMER] The above is a JOKE and I do not recommend anybody actually do this if they like their transmission [/DISCLAIMER]

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
STY said:
If anyone has experience with new headers, is it a noticeable power increase?

Does it require the exhaust to be modified to realize any improvements?

Every vehicle that I've owned in my life have had headers installed in them. 4L, V8, and Rotary. The power increase, without a doubt, increases about 25% of power. (It also depends on your intake filter).

A header, if bought for the exact year and model, it's just a bolt on. Some wielding is needed to the lower connectors. But any muffler shop can do this. I've always installed my headers myself, then just flat belt my ride to the muffler shop for minor wielding.

The three factors that are directly affected by a good set of headers is:

1. Cool Sound, once you drive in anywhere, they will know it's you. It has a distinct sound that no OEM exhaust has. You will turn heads left and right. :wink: If you don't, your in the wrong crowd.

2. Power increase is from bottom end to mid to the upper RPM. Now, this also has to do if it's 4-2-1. 4-1, 1-1 (racing only), Also, if you have one muffler or two mufflers. It depends on your specific taste and budget, and very important, available space under your ride. :thumbs_up:

3. Fuel economy jumps.....supposedly. Why "supposedly", well I know this for a fact, power is addictive. Those who have installed turbos and heavy V8 power engine know that your right foot will be testing. If you do not control this eagerness to test your car, mileage will suffer. If not, your cool, the computer will adjust accordingly and the mileage will increase quite a bit. With just a touch of the gas peddle it's enough to fly. It depends on your style of driving.

And last but not least, in the majority of the times, it's the first mod every car enthusiastic does to his/her ride.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Ok... I've modded my fair share of cars so I have a couple "important to me" questions.

1) What is the pipe material made of? How thick?
2) Is it a dual layer header?
3) Is it ceramic coated or it is just going to bleed heat?
4) Has this been dyno tuned?
5) Since I don't think anyone one of us crawled under the car to see if we can remove the header from below... the question is can you?
6) What is the welding process used?
7) Is the header honed?
8) Mandrel bent?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.