Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Some turbo systems use the stock manifold. But some guys just want to take it an extra step and do a neat job of the entire exhaust system.

Imagine a RAV4 V6 with a TT kit, mufflers, and double exhaust pipe tip like the BMW M3. You guys would be outlawed in PR for sure.

BMW V8

This is why Headers should be used in a Turbo system :wink:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well im not going to bother this guy anymore. This site actually does not care for after market stuff and looks down on anyone who wants to mod anything other than their rav's. ohwell, ill continue to look into stuff on my own.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
no. Not even close.. My GN runs 11.7's with slicks and race gas.. The only toyota to be able to run those times was the old Supra turbos with the straight six.. That was a motor with potential... :D

mensajero said:
flyingn said:
Thanks for the invitation. My family live all around Philly. 4th and Noris, 33rd street, Cumberland and Fairhill their all over.

But seriously, If your RAV4 had a turbo kit (TT), would it take on your GN?

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
I've had a answer from the emails that I sent:

Stan to me

show details 12:17 PM (4 hours ago)

We can custom build a set on one of your RAV4's in our shop and if you want more than one set we could build a set of fixtures for you so we can duplicate this original set.
Thanks

Stan Fuller
Stan's Headers - 4715 Auburn Way North - Auburn, WA. 98002 USA
Owner
Stan's Headers
Office 253-854-5310
Fax 253-854-8945
http://www.stans-headers.com/

Gentlemen, I guess this is more or less what you guys can go for. They are located in Washington State. Is anyone from this area?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took the liberty of doing a Google check of the net and a lot of companies came up. I send them an Email (without compromise) asking for an estimate for headers for a RAV4 V6. (I say again without compromise)

This one is interesting. It does Toyota vehicles.

http://www.4customexhaust.com/homepage.htm
I know this custom exhaust company. . . They are located about 15 minutes from my house. They do great work. Who wants to contact them and see if they will do a bunch of custom headers for the Rav4 V6 AWD models???

I know they do great work.

Don't give up Peeps!!!

-scotty_rocks
Bend, Oregon

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
There's a difference, though, between building a set of headers that will physically fit a vehicle, to building a set of headers that will stay emissions compliant and work near-optimally across the range of engine speeds, taking into account the manner in which the ECU will compensate for the change in the exhaust sensors and exhaust flow. A one-off definitely won't get the dyno and tuning time that it should, so the question would be how well a "best guess" header configuration actually is.

It would be worth a try for someone who is not concerned about staying fully emissions and visual-inspection compliant and who is seeking the most naturally aspirated horsepower available from a bolt-on solution.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Even though this is an old thread, I thought anyone doing a search for " Rav4 V6 2GRFE headers " might be interested in my post about what I needed to do to run the Sienna WeaponR race headers.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.