Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a LOT and have to have my phone mounted in all my vehicles. I'm not a idiot turd that holds it in their lap or hand trying to navigate (yeah, I'm calling out those that do). I tried a couple different holders bought locally in my new 15 RAV4 but didn't like them so back they went.

Tried one I found on ebay and LOVE it. It perfectly fits in that rather useless cupholder that's kinda shoved half under the center console. The flexineck is VERY sturdy. Fits a Galaxy S6 with thick case. Has charge ports galore! There's a 12v socket in the plug itself, 2 in the base, and 2 USB charge ports in the base. They seem to be high output as it keeps my phone fully charged all day, and will recharge while being used. Leads me to think they are 2A output USB ports. And it positions the phone perfectly, even allowing it to rest against the console for extra support so it doesn't vibrate or move around when driving.

edit... cant fracking post a link so go to ebay and search item 371005554144

Just thought I'd share :)

EricB

Attachments

Reactions: jasonwentcrazy

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still cant post a link so here's the item title:

iKross Car Cup Mount Holder w/ 3 Socket & 2 USB Charger For iPhone LG Cell Phone

EricB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw... how many posts does one have to make in order to be able to share things from the internet... here on the internet...??

Reactions: edfong

·
Registered
449 Posts
Phone too heavy to use magnet mount that quickdto have. Decided to make my own. Will also mount my GPS. Work great.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
btw... how many posts does one have to make in order to be able to share things from the internet... here on the internet...??
You need 5 posts on this forum. We had to do it because of all the spammers. I recently joined a Star Trek forum and you have to be a member for 14 days before you can send a PM or have an avatar or a signature, etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I assume your phone has a metal case?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use this in my car to hold my phone.

Spigen® [Kuel H12] Universal Magnetic Air Vent Car Mount Holder

Put the magnetic between your phone and case. Don't need to tape the magnetic anywhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tried the magnetic ones, Spigen and few other brands but this one is by far the best one for what its worth. One-touch & sturdy. I have an iPhone 6+ with battery case so its heavy but it still holds it tightly and doesn't make any rattling noise! I have it mounted on the dash with the sticky suction cup. This is the Amazon Link

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thank you. I kinda like the idea of this type. I do use my awkwardly placed cup holder, but not all the time. I'm assuming you can just take it out whenever needed. This seems more secure than a magnet also. I'm not someone that is looking at it very often either, but I like that it has charge ports too.

I drive a LOT and have to have my phone mounted in all my vehicles. I'm not a idiot turd that holds it in their lap or hand trying to navigate (yeah, I'm calling out those that do). I tried a couple different holders bought locally in my new 15 RAV4 but didn't like them so back they went.

Tried one I found on ebay and LOVE it. It perfectly fits in that rather useless cupholder that's kinda shoved half under the center console. The flexineck is VERY sturdy. Fits a Galaxy S6 with thick case. Has charge ports galore! There's a 12v socket in the plug itself, 2 in the base, and 2 USB charge ports in the base. They seem to be high output as it keeps my phone fully charged all day, and will recharge while being used. Leads me to think they are 2A output USB ports. And it positions the phone perfectly, even allowing it to rest against the console for extra support so it doesn't vibrate or move around when driving.

edit... cant fracking post a link so go to ebay and search item 371005554144

Just thought I'd share :)

EricB

·
Registered
71 Posts
i wouldn't mount the phone on this location because it's danger to look down.
Agreed, I had a similar one that fit in the cup holder (minus power plugs at the base). I found that the phone is too low, taking your eyes too far off of what is ahead of you. I ended replacing with a windshield mounted suction phone holder.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found one that suits my needs perfectly! Here were my prerequisites:
- phone at high dash level
- on/near vent to aid in cooling the phone while plugged in
- preferably no adhesive stuck to dash, etc.
- not blocking any screens, buttons, etc.

So here's what I got! Hubby's Galaxy S8 Plus in the photos. The suction cup is actually made from that sticky silicone sort of material, so can stick to slightly textured surfaces like this silver painted trim...not just glass. And only $7.99 at Marshall's...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GSI75GY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_rC52zb7QZ0JK3

1 - 20 of 31 Posts