Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this?

I have put them on all my cars and love them. Just installed it on my Rav4 and it hangs down a bit lower than I would like. I don't plan on doing any offroading at all but you know accidents happen and I would hate to have it catch something and damage the pan. Thoughts?

-kj-

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it at Pep Boyz but it appears it's no longer made, can't find it on Fram's website. Weird. Glad I got mine, thing works like a champ!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Is that the one with the little hose that you connect to the FRAM drain plug? Then you can drain it from that little spigot thing? If so, I have 2 of those unused. I had planned on putting them on both mine and my wifes car. Never got around to do it though, and it is sitting around the garage somewhere. :lol: I guess I am the kind of guy who likes getting my hand dirty when changing the oil. Nah... I'm just lazy, and never got around to doing it. :doh: :zzzz:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is and I love them. They allow you to easily change oil on a hot engine. The long tube can even be routed directly into a milk jug, saving space and keeping things clean. I wonder why they stopped selling them. -kj-

·
Registered
779 Posts
How about it not exactly being the cheapest drain plug out there? And most people go to a mechanic to do an oil change, so the potential market must be very small.

But a hot oil change would really get all the gunk out of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts