Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Fresh air

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  bbates 
#1 ·
Maybe I'm the only person annoyed by this but I just don't get it. In the spring and fall primarily, I like to drive with the windows closed and the fan blowing in fresh air. Typically I'll set the temp to LO and turn up the fan speed. What annoys me though is that every time I turn the car on I have to remember to turn off the recycle button. You'd think that the car would remember the last setting you used. Also, if I ever have it set to a temp (for heat or AC) and I set the temp to LO it automatically turns on the AC as well, so I'm driving down the road punching a bunch of buttons that I can't see very well in broad daylight just trying to get some fresh air in the car. It just seems like there should be an easier way to accomplish this. Man, I long for the good old days of my '70 Dodge Dart where there was a big ol vent in the floor and the corners of the windows would pop open. Anybody else annoyed by this? This was also a problem on my '04 4Runner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.