Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the recording software and all the hardware I need to make excellent recording from LP to CD [MP3]. I got me a "Legal" software from Adobe Audition. This was the Cool Edit PRO. I've been enjoying my free time to re-record some 1970 to today LP. Some Jazz, Salsa, Rock. Music has some cool memories.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mensajero said:
I finally got the recording software and all the hardware I need to make excellent recording from LP to CD [MP3]. I got me a "Legal" software from Adobe Audition. This was the Cool Edit PRO. I've been enjoying my free time to re-record some 1970 to today LP. Some Jazz, Salsa, Rock. Music has some cool memories.
A Jazz enthusiast....

Cool!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep, Fusion it is... Don't really have a favorite but Spyro Gyra, Benoit, Lee Ritenour, Yellow Jackets come to mind..... I also like listening to mainstream once in while..... But since I moved to the boonies, we can't even get Jazz on FM.... I guess I'll need to get XM someday....

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Fattburger, Russ Freeman, Jeff Lober, Alex Bugnon [CD- Free awesome]. Joe Pass, Rippingtons, Bill Evans, Chris Botti. Those are more or less on your line of music. Or, to check who has the best music go to http://www.allmusic.com you have to register but the music information is free. 8) It tells you which Cd is the best, and which isn't worth buying. Also all the information you can imagine from the musician.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero... I love Russ Freeman and the Rippingtons. Cool soothing kick back kind of music. 8) I too love mellow Jazz, helps me when I am driving by being more mellow behind the wheel. :D

I am interested in what is involved in burning vinyl to CDs. I have a lot of records at school that needs to be updated if you know what I mean. I am probably the only teacher at my school who uses a record player. :lol: The students always ask me why my CDs are so huge. :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Muchas gracias, mensajero

Great site. I'll have to admit that between the Country & Western stations and my kids' Rap music, I've been somewhat out of touch with Jazz...

Yeah of course, Jeff Lober, Fatburger, George Howard, ... the list goes on.....

Smooth! :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derek said:
Mensagero... I love Russ Freeman and the Rippingtons. Cool soothing kick back kind of music. 8) I too love mellow Jazz, helps me when I am driving by being more mellow behind the wheel. :D

I am interested in what is involved in burning vinyl to CDs. I have a lot of records at school that needs to be updated if you know what I mean. I am probably the only teacher at my school who uses a record player. :lol: The students always ask me why my CDs are so huge. :lol:
I have a cool FREE, yes FREE no registration, No SPAM, no problem program that is just great. It's called Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ . Install it, plug in your turntable to your computer. It cleans old recordings POPS, Hiss etc, and then just burn it with WINAMP, MS Media Player or RecordNow. I also have a secret weapon that has great tools to clean up recording that sounds BETTER then CD, this software is in the 300.00 range. But I'll PM that information regarding that one :). My Cd collection has about 800 CDs, with all the LP's, Halfspeed Master Recordings from Columbia Records. (Boston, Kansas, Santana, Weather Report among others) and a lot of other Cool Jazz and a lot of classic records that are not available on CD. Besides cars, music s my life. 8)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a cool FREE, yes FREE no registration, No SPAM, no problem program that is just great. It's called Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ . Install it, plug in your turntable to your computer. It cleans old recordings POPS, Hiss etc, and then just burn it with WINAMP, MS Media Player or RecordNow. I also have a secret weapon that has great tools to clean up recording that sounds BETTER then CD, this software is in the 300.00 range. But I'll PM that information regarding that one :). My Cd collection has about 800 CDs, with all the LP's, Halfspeed Master Recordings from Columbia Records. (Boston, Kansas, Santana, Weather Report among others) and a lot of other Cool Jazz and a lot of classic records that are not available on CD. Besides cars, music s my life. 8)
I downloaded the freebie, you can even record on-line music. Are you using the freebie version or did you register? I noticed that with the freebie, you can't record in stereo just mono... My guess is the stereo feature will work if you get the full version....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts