Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I work on my Land Rover Discovery II, so am a self taught mechanic, with a decent set of tools. My wife's 2011 RAV4 Sport needs new Pads and rotors all around.

I run Akebono Ceramic Pads and EBC Sport rotors on the Disco, because it is so darn heavy.

What are the best Pad/Rotor combos in your guy's experience?

Also, any quirks on doing a brake job for these vehicles? I reviewed the tech bulletin and it seems pretty standard.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not replaced rotors yet, but pads were easy and straight forward (once I figured out the metals shims). I just buy the aftermarkets parts from Advance Auto Parts or your preferred parts store.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
For longevity Advics work well. They are OEM and cheap on Amazon.
They come with the shims unlike Toyota parts.
Very straight forward swap. Nothing special to note. I did not have good luck with the rear sliding pins on my i4. They keep on rusting/getting pitted for some reason even after I changed to aftermarket sliding pins and rubber sleeves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had not planned on doing pins. I will stop at an autoparts store and pick some up.

I am going with Akebono Pads and I found some slotted and drilled rotors on Rockauto. My wife drives our infant around, and drives like a nut so upgraded brakes seem like a good idea.

I will post if they are good or not.

Thanks for the tips guys, hopefully everything is not too rusted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts