Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 V6 without the 3rd row

some place are telling me I should have the smaller rotor and the AD1210 pads since I don't have the 3rd row,

but on the Advics brake parts website, I seems like I need the bigger rotors and the Ad1211 pads?

I thought that 4cyl w 3rd row and V6 had the same setup, and only the 4cyl wo 3rd row had the small brakes, but I might be wrong

·
Super Moderator
11,245 Posts
I bought new front discs on sale as listed for my V6 in their catalog from Summit Racing. Went to install them and found them too small. Called Summit who after a lot of research exchanged them for the larger size. Now all I have to do is find where I stashed them since they missed their install window.

Advics site is very likely accurate if it lists the larger ones for the V6 4WD. I'd also guess the 3rd row would get the same size.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
I have a 2012 V6 without the 3rd row

some place are telling me I should have the smaller rotor and the AD1210 pads since I don't have the 3rd row,

but on the Advics brake parts website, I seems like I need the bigger rotors and the Ad1211 pads?

I thought that 4cyl w 3rd row and V6 had the same setup, and only the 4cyl wo 3rd row had the small brakes, but I might be wrong
You are correct, "some place" is wrong. Go to Amazon.com and enter your vehicle type. Then search for Advics and it will show you the parts that fit that vehicle.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I bought new front discs on sale as listed for my V6 in their catalog from Summit Racing. Went to install them and found them too small. Called Summit who after a lot of research exchanged them for the larger size. Now all I have to do is find where I stashed them since they missed their install window.

Advics site is very likely accurate if it lists the larger ones for the V6 4WD. I'd also guess the 3rd row would get the same size.
Just how big IS your garage if you can lose two brake discs?>:D

·
Super Moderator
11,245 Posts
Just how big IS your garage if you can lose two brake discs?>:D
Well they're in there somewhere, I'm pretty sure anyway. :confused:

From what I've been able to discern it's an organization issue not a space problem. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doesn't look like the company will take them back since it's been more than a month since I ordered them, so any Canadians out there that need to replace the pads on a 4cyl rav4, give me a shout!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going crazy here! finally find a decent kit, but they cancel the order, saying that the North American made V6 rav4 and the Japanesse built Rav4 use different size rotors, but the diameter is similar... they don't make the size I want...

arghh!! can't find the correct size numbers for the NA V6 anywhere!

·
Super Moderator
11,245 Posts
Guess I'll have to dig mine out and make sure they fit so I can give you the part number. Wife's been noticing the pulsing lately anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Guess I'll have to dig mine out and make sure they fit so I can give you the part number. Wife's been noticing the pulsing lately anyway.

So...the wife notices the pulsing...yeah,she can wait. But a forum member needs a part number....>:D:D
Seems like you have your priorities straight there,Doc....

(we forum rats are a dedicated lot...heh heh..)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, but since yours is a japanesse doesn't help me...

I broke down and called a couple of dealerships...

pads are all 99$ cdn (about 10$ more than getting the advics shipped from the US) and rotors ranged from 88$ to 159$, so for about 300$ I got all Toyota parts. a bit more than I wanted, but I'm done having a head ache over this, it should not be that hard ordering freaking brakes! lol

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
I'm going crazy here! finally find a decent kit, but they cancel the order, saying that the North American made V6 rav4 and the Japanese built Rav4 use different size rotors, but the diameter is similar...
Well I never would have believed it, but according to toyodiy.com, the Toyota part number for your 2012 disc (rotor) is 43512-0R020 for the Canada-built RAV4, and 43512-42050 for the Japan-built. The latter number is also the right number for my 2008 Limited.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just installed the front brakes last night (at 57,000km, the inners pads were to the metal, and the outers were at 30%) and I measured the new rotors and the old, same size as the rotors for the japanesse built (same diameter, thickness, total height) so it's either the hat size that changed, or I just paid a lot more for rotor than I should...

had a nice surprise too... no grease on the slide pins from the factory! must of been made on a Friday afternoon...

On my 2007 when I did the brakes, the slide pins were nice and full of grease, but not on my 2012.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So does anyone know the difference between japaneese and north american rotors? This is confusing. Rock Auto was the first parts place I looked at that showed that differentiaion. I may call Raybestos and ask (they list different part numbers).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts