Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

Recently I have stopped at doge’s ram hitch. :/ It caused an indentation on my front bumper. What would be the easiest way to fix it? By covering that up somehow under a trim covers that I’m not sure if those exist or replacing the the damaged part of the bumper if can be bought separately? Any suggestions. Picture for reference.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello all!!!

Recently I have stopped at doge’s ram hitch. :/ It caused an indentation on my front bumper. What would be the easiest way to fix it? By covering that up somehow under a trim covers that I’m not sure if those exist or replacing the the damaged part of the bumper if can be bought separately? Any suggestions. Picture for reference. View attachment 169751
Remove the bumper facia and heat that section with a heat gun. When very hot and soft, press back into shape from the rear to match the original shape. If done right, you'll never see it.

About an hour's work, but not that hard as you'd think.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Tazio Nuvolari

·
Registered
87 Posts
Heat gun works but it can also melt the bumper and make it worst, I had one of employe experience that. Try with a hair dryer first , LESS RISK.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Does the "cut" in the bumper go deep into the material ?

Best to have it assessed by a body repair shop. New vehicle, depending on the importance of resale value and how long you intend to keep the car. They also could advise best method for self repair.

Is this the LE model without the collision avoidance system ? Anyone know if that system works if you just "roll" into an object ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like the part number is 531130R090. If you can find that on ebay or from a Toyota store it might be better to replace that part.

·
Registered
2021 Rav 4 XLE gas engine
296 Posts
If you can't just press it out yourself using the other posters' recommendations ( and it looks like there is also a cut through the plastic ), it may be easier and cheaper to get a bumper through a wrecking/salvage yard than getting it repaired professionally at a body shop.. The big outfits can search nationally and find a rear end totaled Rav and get you the good front bumper. This is what a body shop would probably do. They wouldn't waste time trying to fill that cut.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Guys!!

This is LE AWD. I rolled into a car In front of me while in super long traffic, was kinda bored, didn’t pay much attention :/

Thanks for so many quick responses with good advice. I was actually thinking of using a heat gun from the back and pushing it out. I know it won’t look perfect (like brand new :p) but I’ll give it a shot. Is there a way of removing just that part with the dent or I have to remove the whole bumper? Also someone posted a part number for this piece I will try to look for it and maybe replace it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4h Ltd 🇯🇵
2,535 Posts
Hello Guys!!

This is LE AWD. I rolled into a car In front of me while in super long traffic, was kinda bored, didn’t pay much attention :/

Thanks for so many quick responses with good advice. I was actually thinking of using a heat gun from the back and pushing it out. I know it won’t look perfect (like brand new :p) but I’ll give it a shot. Is there a way of removing just that part with the dent or I have to remove the whole bumper? Also someone posted a part number for this piece I will try to look for it and maybe replace it.
Thanks.
Youll need to remove the whole cover. Just keep the heat gun moving and dont concentrate on one spot too long. Circles, back and forth, up and down...etc. Cover about 3 square inches (roughly 8 square centimeters). With the crazy hot days of summer here you can get a good jump by pulling the cover and leaving it out in the sun for a while before attacking it with a heat gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys for all of your input. Really appreciate that… I will give it a shot with the heat gun… I’ll post the results :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts