Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have my R4P XSE yet. It is Blizzard Pearl/Black. My question is, are the black clad parts painted, or is this gloss plastic, or what? Specifically the wheel well arches, side cladding, and especially the area around the front bumper.

·
Registered
Prime XSE Premium, Venza Limited
639 Posts
Have you had any strikes on the side cladding? They look like if they are painted gravel would SLAUGHTER them?
Yes the sides are vulnerable, I put on OEM black running boards along with mud flaps and the kick up and or spray back is just about eliminated.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes the sides are vulnerable, I put on OEM black running boards along with mud flaps and the kick up and or spray back is just about eliminated.
Did you install the black on black oem running boards? Where did you pick them up? Considering doing it myself, especially after hearing your experience.

·
Registered
Prime XSE Premium, Venza Limited
639 Posts
Yes, fairly easy to install. From southeast Toyota, they are hard to find and might be unavailable at this point.
If you go OEM with the silver accents I have the rockers available for $10 + shipping, I didn't need them because the black ones install differently.

Edit: RAV4 Black Running Boards | Sparks Parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts