Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what these are called and where I could find them? I tried to include a picture but the forums won't let me.

There's 2 small square plastic covers in the front bumper of my 2010 Rav4 Sport V6. They appear to cover a threaded mount that looks like you could mount a rack off of?

I could probably find them easier if I knew what they were called :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,892 Posts
Look in the tool bag where your jack handle and lug wrench are located. Inside you should find a tow hook, which is made to screw into one of those threaded holes in the bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, so it's for two hooks, that's good to know! I will check and see if I have the hooks, but I lost the plastic cover off of one side and it looks kind of silly. I didn't know what it was called or what it was for to try and find another cover. A couple Google and Rock Auto sessions didn't turn anything up...

Thanks a bunch!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,892 Posts
OK, here's the descriptions, part numbers, and price:

COVER, FRONT BUMPER ARM HOLE, RH PART NO. 53285J $12.47

COVER, FRONT BUMPER ARM HOLE, LH PART NO. 53286C $12.47

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Awesome, so it's for two hooks, that's good to know! I will check and see if I have the hooks, but I lost the plastic cover off of one side and it looks kind of silly. I didn't know what it was called or what it was for to try and find another cover. A couple Google and Rock Auto sessions didn't turn anything up...

Thanks a bunch!
Also, don't be surprised if you only find one tow hook in the tool bag. It is my understanding that this is how the vast majority of them came.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Also, don't be surprised if you only find one tow hook in the tool bag. It is my understanding that this is how the vast majority of them came..
Agreed. Junebug lucked out and got two.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It might be my lack of engineering expertise but I cannot imagine how that set-up can be stable and also not hinder windshield view.

Please let us know how it works for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
a) Stability Depends on what your carrying on top and span on past Top Cross Rails
b) as far as driver vision thats why I built a K - Style rack, its Not in my Vision.- See Attached drivers View
c) I carry a 20-22 ft Hang Glider in its bag on top :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts