Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Haven't posted in a while! Sadly my 2009 Rav4 was merged into on the Freeway, and now I need a new bumper. Good news is that insurance will cover it.

I was curious if there are any aesthetic upgrades that I can do since I'm already in the process of replacing the bumper. What's the sexiest OEM bumper variant? I'm seeing that 2006-2008 has a slightly more streamlined nose with molded cut outs for the round fog lights. I've also seen in my sleuthing that there is supposedly a Canadian version of the Rav4? Did that have a different trim?

Curious what research people have done in this space, and what would fit! Thanks in advance for any insight!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Believe the biggest variation was the 2009-2012 limited vs Sport/base bumper. I found the 2006-2008 bumper more bland and bleh... imo

Not aware of any Canadian models that were different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Can change to a LTD bumper which is different as shown on post 3 or swap the grill out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can change to a LTD bumper which is different as shown on post 3 or swap the grill out.
Ooo the LTD bumper looks a bit cleaner IMO! So you can confirm that bolt points are the same / fitment will work? Anyone have a part number by chance?

Follow-up question: Is there a version of that fog-light-molded LTD bumper that does NOT have the fender flares? Or does it only work with the flares?

Second question: Is it easy to upgrade to flares? Do I have to get a new rear bumper? New mudflaps? (My base model doesn't have flares)

Thank you!! Super helpful information!

·
Registered
41 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts