Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the alignment shop and getting four new tires on the gf's Rav and everything checked out but the front left camber, it is just out of spec. I know it won't do much but with all the others well with in spec I want to get it back in spec.

Now my question is Napa (and many places on line) list two different sizes for the camber bolt, one is 16mm and the other 17mm. Does anyone know which one fits a 2007 Rav4 base 2.4 front wheel drive?

Any help would be great, worse comes to worse I buy each and return the other but thought I would save myself two trips tomorrow...

Tyler

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought both 16 & 17mm nominal bolts.. There is a variety of camber adjusting cam bolts. Some have plastic cams. Good to avoid these. One cam bolt would not fix my RAV4-3 2011 2.5L model after a lateral collision. I replaced hub strut and lower control arm. The camber on the passenger side was MINUS six! So I fitted cam bolts to upper AND lower positions on the strut, and now the camber is just under 1 degree. The camber is easy to measure with a "Johnson Magnetic Angle Locator" this is a 360 degree protractor with a weighted pointer

·
Registered
29 Posts
If the camber is out of spec and you haven't been in an accident, I would look into what worn out components need to be replaced first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts