Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 AWD Limited
46k Miles

Wife noticed something while leaving the grocery store. While at slow parking lot speed and turing sharp, there is a weird clunk shutter feeling from the front end. I drove it, and it felt the same as what happens if I leave my diff locked or 4wheel drive engaged on my truck when I go from offroad to pavement.

Thoughts? We have never noticed anything like this before.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've heard of it with other vehicles.....sounds like one of the front CVJs is binding.....IMHO

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply... it stopped doing it the next morning on its own. Dealer could not replicate..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Reminds me of the old 4.3 steering clunk that my dealer said didn't exist cuz they couldn't replicate....at least until there was a TSB issued on it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 AWD Limited
46k Miles

Wife noticed something while leaving the grocery store. While at slow parking lot speed and turing sharp, there is a weird clunk shutter feeling from the front end. I drove it, and it felt the same as what happens if I leave my diff locked or 4wheel drive engaged on my truck when I go from offroad to pavement.

Thoughts? We have never noticed anything like this before.
Exactly what my 2013 AWD model is doing. Only does it when turning sharply to the right. They couldn't replicate it
and I had to get in the car and drive it for him. Thought it was when turning left and I was about to give up. Soon as I
turned sharply to the right, there it was.

Went to the dealer with 60 miles left on comprehensive warranty. They said it was strut and replaced it.

Of course that hasn't fixed the problem and I'm now out of warranty. When I first took it in I mentioned it sounded
like a CV joint. My lease is almost up and I wouldn't worry about it, However, my wife's mother wants to buy it
and I'll be a dead man if it''s not fixed first.

Did you look into it further?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts