Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2016 RAV4 with <10k miles on it. Somehow, the previous owner scratched (gouged might be a better word) multiple pieces of trim on the passenger door and one on the driver door. I got the dealer to replace some of the pieces, but they wouldn't do all of it without jacking up the sale price.

So my question is where can I find the plastic pieces that hold the window switches/lock buttons for both driver and passenger front doors? I can do the replacement myself, I just can't find the pieces to buy anywhere. I have an SE with black interior, so the pieces are black-ish with wood grain look. Thanks for any help.

·
0 Posts
Take a picture of the items in question, which would help to get the part #..
Also, was the vehicle built in Canada or Japan (the first 2 digits of the VIN would tell you (2T = Canada, etc.) ?
Below is the parts image view.. Find the part in question.. But we still need where it was built to get the proper part numbers..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Also, was the vehicle built in Canada or Japan (the first 2 digits of the VIN would tell you (2T = Canada, etc.) ?
Below is the parts image view.. Find the part in question.. But we still need where it was built to get the proper part numbers..
I bet those part numbers are interchangeable whether the VIN starts with 2T or JT? :wink

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In your attached schematic, it's part #11 - need both driver and passenger side. The first 2 of the VIN are JT, so Japan.

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I can't find a part listing for a Switch Bezel (left or right) on a 2016 Rav4 SE.
The site, has very limited parts for 2016 models.
But I can says that previous years the average price is around $28-$35(L) & $35-$43(R) (MSRP).

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
In your attached schematic, it's part #11 - need both driver and passenger side. The first 2 of the VIN are JT, so Japan.
If you remove the part in question, Toyota always molds the part number into the back of the plastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll just talk to the parts department at the local toyota dealer and see if they can get the part number. What site are you looking at for parts? I don't remember ever ordering auto parts online, so I wouldn't even know what site or sites to use. Are there certain ones that are better? Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the sales person/manager wont help, try the service department/manager. I just recently purchased a 2015 Rav4 XLE and got the service manager under warranty to replace the driver side door panel, steering wheel and climate control unit due to "excessive wear & tear".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is there any major difference between a Rav manufactured in Canada vs. Japan?
I doubt it, they're both made by the same robot to begin with, maybe the source of materials is different, but my Canadian made RAV has a lot of parts that say they were made in Japan on them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'd love to replace Part #4 on my 2016 XLE. Not sure of manufacture location yet. But is that part easy to remove/replace? Mine is scratched up pretty good....

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I doubt it, they're both made by the same robot to begin with, maybe the source of materials is different, but my Canadian made RAV has a lot of parts that say they were made in Japan on them.
There can be significant differences.
The TVIP (alarm) system is a plug-and-play for the Canadian built models, but it is not compatible with the Japanese built models. The harness and ECU are different.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The parts are easy to remove, I have removed them several times on my car. You need a soft plastic prying tool designed to remove interiour pieces.

This is how it's done: https://youtu.be/tsmb3JfNaO4

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Thanks for the video... they just seem to pop off... now I just need to figure out if mine is silver or silver-metallic... :( I'm assuming is metallic, since I can see a bit of flake in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts