Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone who have a hybrid RAV4 have this noise? It's like a very faint sound coming from the dash when car is in low speed or if u the car. It's annoying the living **** outta me when I don't have radio on. I love the car tho, solid nonetheless it's just this sound that wants me to go to Homedepot buy a rope and hang myself
It sounds like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I hear a noise on my 2016 hybrid but I have realized mine is when the fan is on higher speeds. Is this your video or a video that sounds like yours?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear a noise on my 2016 hybrid but I have realized mine is when the fan is on higher speeds. Is this your video or a video that sounds like yours?

Just a video that sounds like mine

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know the feeling. Even with the radio on I focus on the rattle. It drove me crazy. Are you able to locate it and press against it and make it stop? I had a rattle coming from my driver door panel and the dealer tried putting foam tape. After 2 attempts they ended up replacing the door panel with a new one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the feeling. Even with the radio on I focus on the rattle. It drove me crazy. Are you able to locate it and press against it and make it stop? I had a rattle coming from my driver door panel and the dealer tried putting foam tape. After 2 attempts they ended up replacing the door panel with a new one.

Did it work? I haven't located it

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a rattle from the dash driving on bumps at low speed just after my first 500km but now disappeared. The sound was different from your rattle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did it work? I haven't located it

It did work. But, I was able to locate the rattle and press on it and the rattle would go away.

Either way, take it to the dealer and do a test drive with the service guy and make sure he can hear it. That way he knows what you are talking about and can diagnose.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Took my 2015 to the dealer for a sunroof rattle that was progressively getting louder. The dealer changed the entire sunroof assembly under warranty. I didn't try to figure it out, left it to the dealer to deal with it. All fixed, happy now. Let the dealer solve your problem for you :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many times did u guys have to bring it back to the dealer for it to be fixed?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took my 2015 to the dealer for a sunroof rattle that was progressively getting louder. The dealer changed the entire sunroof assembly under warranty. I didn't try to figure it out, left it to the dealer to deal with it. All fixed, happy now. Let the dealer solve your problem for you :)

How many times did u have to bring it to the dealer?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It did work. But, I was able to locate the rattle and press on it and the rattle would go away.

Either way, take it to the dealer and do a test drive with the service guy and make sure he can hear it. That way he knows what you are talking about and can diagnose.

How many times did u have to bring it to the dealer before they eventually fixed it

·
Registered
138 Posts
How many times did u have to bring it to the dealer before they eventually fixed it

I took it to the dealer 2 times. On the 2nd time after I picked it up and took it back and said the noise is still there. The service writer said he will order a new door panel and would call me when he got it in. So, I had to take it back 3 times to get it fixed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How many times did u have to bring it to the dealer?

Twice. Once to take a tech on a drive to show him the problem, the second time for him to fix it. Whenever I have a noise that needs to be addressed, I always insist in taking a tech out on the road to show him what I am hearing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm at the service now, showed the guy the intermittent rattle, and I feel like he just gonna blow it off and send me home. He also insist rattle usually takes a day to fix....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts